Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof topper?

C

CampingCarnegie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,
We’ve got a T6.1 Ocean on order and I’m passing the time by shopping!!
My question is about the roof - do I need a roof topper if I’ve ordered the ocean with the waterproof bellows as standard?

Hi,
We’ve got a T6.1 Ocean on order and I’m passing the time by shopping!!
My question is about the roof - do I need a roof topper if I’ve ordered the ocean with the waterproof bellows as standard?
The bellows is waterproof but not insulated.
Will you be able to dry the bellows at home with roof up as you should not close the roof for extended periods with a wet bellows.
If you can't then Topper.
If you can then do you need insulation for all round year use?

Also, consider which bed you'll be sleeping in. If it's just the two of you and you have the ability to sleep downstairs, the topper is less important if you ask me. It means you can close the roof when you go to bed. But really you don't have to. I recently spend a night in the Cali sleeping downstairs while outside it was -4 C. The heater was set to '4' (of 10) and I was snug as a bug, while the roof was still up! And I'm the -always-cold-type. Ask T6.1 owners though, because I hear there might be some difference between the quality of the T6.1 heater and the T5.1 one.

Thank you guys that’s so helpful - I’ve found tonnes of threads talking about toppers but couldn’t establish if they were really needed for the T6.1 so that explanation really helps