Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof up on Le Tunnel???

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So here’s a strange one, travelling back from the mountains yesterday and had been on the road a long while, I fancied a power nap.... but I wasn’t brave enough to pop the roof up on the tunnel.

Has anyone done it? Is it frowned upon, or not worth the hassle for the time stopped?

Yes I´ve done it a few times.
Apart from the roof wobbling a bit from side to side it´s okay.

So here’s a strange one, travelling back from the mountains yesterday and had been on the road a long while, I fancied a power nap.... but I wasn’t brave enough to pop the roof up on the tunnel.

Has anyone done it? Is it frowned upon, or not worth the hassle for the time stopped?

I'd do it, if only for the photo... watch out for one on 16 June!

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

You mean, while inside and the shuttle is moving? But why? Why do you need to raise the roof for a power nap?

Nope, never felt the need ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can you be bothered for 30 mins?

I really don't see the point for such a short amount of time, also what if the roof fails to come down, it would cause chaos.

I always had a 25 minute power nap in one of the beds at the back of our Dethleffs camper it seemed to really help with the long spell ahead.... (Not sure you need the roof up though)

I really don't see the point for such a short amount of time, also what if the roof fails to come down, it would cause chaos.
Not really. If you’re booked correctly as a Campervan then the carriage has a height of at least 4 metres, so no problem driving out with roof up.

Make sure to set a good alarm. Last summer, the occupants of the van-life style camper in front of us shut their curtains for forty winks. Unfortunately they were still asleep when we arrived at Calais and had to be woken up by the amused family behind them.

Done it many times …. No problems at all. I’m used to a half hour power nap but my wife can’t do it.

Back