Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Route back from Slovenia

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having got ourselves to Slovenia via Aachen, Wurzburg, Fussen, Berchtesgaden the forecast looks good for just 2 days before getting very wet. So we may be spending less time in Slovenia than originally planned. Can anybody suggest a different route back (including campsites)?

We came back through Italy - along coast near Venice, across the country to Cinque Terra and then up around the coast to the south of France, then headed north via Verdon gorge and The Alps to Annecy and beyond. I can give campsites if you wish.

Last edited:
I was in Slovenia 2 days ago and now near Großglochner in Austria. The weather has definitely closed in. Some great campsites if you use the ACSI app. Heading up to Germany via Salzburg so can't offer you any useful suggestions.

I was in Slovenia 2 days ago and now near Großglochner in Austria. The weather has definitely closed in. Some great campsites if you use the ACSI app. Heading up to Germany via Salzburg so can't offer you any useful suggestions.
Went over Grossglockner 2 yrs ago - visibility nil!!

Went over Grossglockner 2 yrs ago - visibility nil!!
Took the tunnel route to the West on 108. 43 Euro toll on 107 without being sure about the weather was too much. I will do it one day but preferably on a motorbike rather than a 3 ton Campervan.

I'll save the Großglockner for another time. I was tempted to return via Garda and Annecy but just don't have the time to do them justice. Will take the direct route via Munich and see what develops. Thanks all.

Do you know that there is an Aire at the home of Bayern Munich Allianz Arena.
20 minute Uber to the centre of Munich.
Stadium tour excellent if your that way inclined.

Oh I am, the wife much less so! I came across that site and it had some less than glowing reviews. Anyways, we decided on a Stellplatz before Munich. Thanks anyhow.

Has anyone used the Montenegro to Bara (Italy) ferry crossing rather than cut directly north?

Back