Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rubber one piece front mat

V

Vanalli

Guest User
Where can I get a one piece rubber mat that covers the front and in between the front seats.

Just google volswagon t5 walk through rubber mats

Last edited:
We got ours of ebay. T5 van with separate individual front seats, not double passenger seat.

Thanks think I found some

If you did , please chair some info so others can benefit from it....?
And offcoarse .....pictures:D

Any chance of a link, I'm after some too?

Thanks

I removed my cab carpet, sold it on e bay and replaced with a with a new VW moulded rubber cab mat, if you have a reasonable level of diy skill it is not a difficult task, some info on Youtube and Brickyard, job will take a good morning, (its a van so its quick to do) an additional person to help is useful, tools, a 1/4" drive socket set, a trim removing wedge, and a 'star drive' 'trim screw' screwdriver, ... requires all the vehicle batteries to be temporarily disconnected for at least 20 minutes before starting work, (seat side airbags, any temp disconnection of airbag wiring with can bus system live / batteries connected, will result in an annoying 'airbag fault' dash light), the two front seats and bases and under seat paraphernalia (battery and fixings and fuse holders) to be temp removed, the above floor handbrake assembly to be temp removed, the centre lower console to be temp removed, the under seat wiring connectors to be disconnected, and door area plastic sill trim to be lifted slightly or temp removed. some thin plywood to protect the heavy wiring running between the two front seats behind the handbrake assy is a useful retro fit. A new VW moulded rubber cab mat is not cheap, comes in the biggest cardboard box in the world, cos it doesn't roll up or bend particularly without damage .. so you would need a van to get it from dealers to home. Benefits, ... easy clean flooring, disadvantages, high cost of VW rubber matt new, + cost of having it fitted by a mechanic if you don't DIY.

Good luck,

Rob H.

I removed my cab carpet, sold it on e bay and replaced with a with a new VW moulded rubber cab mat, if you have a reasonable level of diy skill it is not a difficult task, some info on Youtube and Brickyard, job will take a good morning, (its a van so its quick to do) an additional person to help is useful, tools, a 1/4" drive socket set, a trim removing wedge, and a 'star drive' 'trim screw' screwdriver, ... requires all the vehicle batteries to be temporarily disconnected for at least 20 minutes before starting work, (seat side airbags, any temp disconnection of airbag wiring with can bus system live / batteries connected, will result in an annoying 'airbag fault' dash light), the two front seats and bases and under seat paraphernalia (battery and fixings and fuse holders) to be temp removed, the above floor handbrake assembly to be temp removed, the centre lower console to be temp removed, the under seat wiring connectors to be disconnected, and door area plastic sill trim to be lifted slightly or temp removed. some thin plywood to protect the heavy wiring running between the two front seats behind the handbrake assy is a useful retro fit. A new VW moulded rubber cab mat is not cheap, comes in the biggest cardboard box in the world, cos it doesn't roll up or bend particularly without damage .. so you would need a van to get it from dealers to home. Benefits, ... easy clean flooring, disadvantages, high cost of VW rubber matt new, + cost of having it fitted by a mechanic if you don't DIY.

Good luck,

Rob H.
Blimey, you were keen to do all that. Sounds like it could easily become Destroy It Yourself! Can't imagine your warranty would be intact after that lot either. :Nailbiting
Well done for being so determined :thumb

Blimey, you were keen to do all that. Sounds like it could easily become Destroy It Yourself! Can't imagine your warranty would be intact after that lot either. :Nailbiting
Well done for being so determined :thumb
It's the sort of thing done all the time by those converting our panel vans. The previous use of the vehicle leads to all sorts of detritus so a strip and clean is almost always performed (followed by sound deadening, hookup/split charge wiring, etc. etc. going on under there).
The foam backing can split quite easily, so as Rob says it can't be rolled (or folded) especially one not so new. Hardest part I found was removing the gearstick lower shroud as the mat is wedged up some way behind this - got there in the end with nifty use of a trim tool.

If you did , please chair some info so others can benefit from it....?
And offcoarse .....pictures:D
Sorry put off buying for a bit but there are a few on eBay or with a Google search just check the model and year.

If/when I buy one I will let you know.

I'm happy with my original mats , but seen the question for mats pop- up here frequent so any new discoverys are nice to know for those who are still looking ...
For instance all those waiting on theire T6.....

My VW Monster mats have worn through the ribs and now allows water onto the carpet. Can anyone tell me if the walk through mats http://www.carmats-uk.com/938/volkswagen-t5-walkthrough have a raised edge to contain debris / water.

I have not found any other mat with raised edges; I liked the monster mats but lasted just a year before I also wore a hole in the ribs on the drives side

After much on line searching decided to go for the standard vw rubber mats at £28, good raised edge all round to keep the crud in. The monster mats would be a great design if only the raised ribs were solid rubber to make them more durable.

Carmats confirmed their mats do not have raised edges.

Has there been any progress on durable, rubber raised edge, front and walk through mats? I've searched high and low (and here) and can't find anything since these posts...

VW mats.PNG

I was looking at these not one piece but claiming to have a raised edge.

I was thinking of using them and making something for the walk through.

May be easier to remove for cleaning than the one piece and saying heavy duty so they may last longer.

Also not sure if they are the standard VW ones and possibly a bit on the expensive side.

View attachment 19491

I was looking at these not one piece but claiming to have a raised edge.

I was thinking of using them and making something for the walk through.

May be easier to remove for cleaning than the one piece and saying heavy duty so they may last longer.

Also not sure if they are the standard VW ones and possibly a bit on the expensive side.

They are the VW Monster mats.
Excellent but the drivers side wears through quickly where your left heel rests.