Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Running a cable from the rear battery to the sink unit

S

southamptonman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, the 12V socket next to the sink has stopped working but the fuse is still in tact and there is current running to the fuse. My choice is either to run a new cable from the front battery (which I believe would require me to remove the seat (easy) and the battery (not quite so easy if I have to disconnect it) and the floor panel under the battery. I was wondering whether it wouldn't be simpler to run a *fused* cable from the rear battery behind the fridge and water tank, through the cupboard to the sink unit. Has anyone ever tried this? Does this sound like a valid option or am I better to take apart the front battery compartment? Thank you! :)

Hi, the 12V socket next to the sink has stopped working but the fuse is still in tact and there is current running to the fuse. My choice is either to run a new cable from the front battery (which I believe would require me to remove the seat (easy) and the battery (not quite so easy if I have to disconnect it) and the floor panel under the battery. I was wondering whether it wouldn't be simpler to run a *fused* cable from the rear battery behind the fridge and water tank, through the cupboard to the sink unit. Has anyone ever tried this? Does this sound like a valid option or am I better to take apart the front battery compartment? Thank you! :)
Have you checked for 12v at the socket?

How do you know you have checked the correct 15amp fuse?

Have you checked for 12v at the socket?

How do you know you have checked the correct 15amp fuse?
Yes, I checked at the socked, then I disconnected the wires and tested the wires. There isn’t any current getting to the cable.

My understanding is that the 12v sockets are connected to the three 15amp fuses. I believe that the kitchen socket is the middle one but I checked all three. All the fuses are ok and there is current to all of them. Tracing the wire all the way through would mean taking a lot of things apart and I’m concerned there’s a good chance I could break something else in the process.

Yes, I checked at the socked, then I disconnected the wires and tested the wires. There isn’t any current getting to the cable.

My understanding is that the 12v sockets are connected to the three 15amp fuses. I believe that the kitchen socket is the middle one but I checked all three. All the fuses are ok and there is current to all of them. Tracing the wire all the way through would mean taking a lot of things apart and I’m concerned there’s a good chance I could break something else in the process.
Check out Page 37 and 44.
Although this is for the T5 it is the same in the T6.

Attachments

• t5_tech-manual.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 36