Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Running boards

JonathanB

JonathanB

Dido the Red Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone fixed or had fixed running boards on a T 6 Beach?

Not seen actual running boards anywhere, some sidebars with no more than a toe step.
Cali near vertical sides would require running boards to protrude by about 6" each side where they may get damaged or be potentially illegal.

Yes I have fitted side bars/running boards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T5-T5...-CHROME-VAN-/312051701048?hash=item48a7bb1538

I paid about £180 as there was an offer via ebay at the time.

The description says T5 but fit T6 perfectly.

They do need the plastic floor guards to be removed and cut to fit the bar support brackets though. This is fiddly, but perfectly achievable. I used cardboard to make cutting templates.

The quality of the stainless steel is very good.

They have been on for over 3 months now and no signs of any corrosion marks......you need to be very careful with Chinese stainless steel as it can be inferior. I guess you get what you pay for!

The step is wide enough without being overly wide.

I can take a photo or two tomorrow if you want to see them fitted.

Yes please, I really want to see them. Do they stick out and make the van wider?
Thanks
Jonathan

Vanstyle did not offer to fit for free, but were able to provide an electronic copy of the fitting instructions.

I was a little concerned that they would not fit the T6, but they reassured me that there are no issues fitting to the T6, other than needing to trim the plastic under floor trim.

There is absolutely no sign of any flex when you step on these....unlike some others that I looked at.

The ends of the tubes are sealed with welded in stainless steel cap plates, which is all polished to match the main tubes. So no nasty sharp edges to catch yourself when cleaning.

Here are some photos.

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

DSCF0019.JPG

Thanks a lot you have all been a great help.

They'd look great except for the chequerplate.