Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav

Tin

Tin

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Does anyone else have an issue with the satnav? Ours (GC 600 Feb 2021) always defaults to putting the position of the vehicle below the bottom of the screen. Therefore to see where you are, you constantly need to re-centre the image. Makes it virtually unusable.
TIA
Tin

Hi Tin,

I have no knowledge of the GC or the SatNa, but in setting you should be able to change to 3D / 2D view try that

Does anyone else have an issue with the satnav? Ours (GC 600 Feb 2021) always defaults to putting the position of the vehicle below the bottom of the screen. Therefore to see where you are, you constantly need to re-centre the image. Makes it virtually unusable.
TIA
Tin
Same here. According to the Tiguan forum it’s a known fault in mib3

No issue with mine March 21, however it’s had x2 OTA Infortainment updates since April but never noticed any issues prior to that or on my Tiguan.

Same here. According to the Tiguan forum it’s a known fault
TIA
Tin
We have the same issue, is there a resolution.

I collected my Cali Ocean in October and I have exactly the same issue, the cursor isn't centered and if you manually centre it then it just goes off the screen. I have been told that its a software issue and needs an update at a dealership, but it seems most don't know anything about it apart from VW Liverpool

Collected our Ocean in October also,....same as above- cursor off centre, the only way to use it is by scrolling the screen whilst in use. Just waiting for a window of opportunity to drop it into a VW van centre for rectification (Software update / unit changed?). More than likely take a run down to a local van centre (Bristol / Swindon|) to see for themselves, prior to booking in. Apart from the sat nav, so far so good!

I collected my Cali Ocean in October and I have exactly the same issue, the cursor isn't centered and if you manually centre it then it just goes off the screen. I have been told that its a software issue and needs an update at a dealership, but it seems most don't know anything about it apart from VW Liverpool

give these people a call

“Sat Nav Systems” near Chertsey
Contact Hamid or Adam

im sure they will know of the issue & point you in the right direction, they are very knowledgeable, VW approved and they work with dealers to carry out “Dealer” work, particularly where dealers are unable to carry out work to ICE systems, repairs and all sorts of retrofits dealers cannot etc.

From experience of others on the forum they are to repair faulty units where VW simply cannot, they can update systems to the most current software.

Very helpful company, who will provide free advice and who will help if they can (they may even be able to carry out the work on behalf of a dealer under warranty if the dealer can’t.
Well worth a call

Contact Hamid or Adam (Mention the Forum)

TIA
Tin
yes i have the same problem on my t6.1 , dealer unable to improve really poor satnav i use the one on the dash between my speedo

TIA
Tin
I tried it briefly and didn’t get in with it, so pay for TomTom £11.99 a year and use apple car play. Much more clearer and user friendly imo.

I had this issue on my ocean 6.1,took it to Liverpool van centre and all sorted

Back