Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav problems.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
The arrow indicating the position of my van on the sat nav is not optimally positioned!

Depending on which orientation of the map selected, it can be off screen - probably about level with the seat heating switch.
Or at best as shown below, tucked down in the bottom right corner.
I seem to recall reading that someone else had a similar problem but can't find the thread.

IMG_4192.jpg

Hi ,
I have the same problem.
Our GC is at the dealer on the moment for an SW update.
I have sw version 0803 . Members of the German forum with the same problem reported that it is a sw problem, the sw v 0809 solved this problem .

Bartr

Forum version 809.jpeg

k-IMG_8459.JPG

Bart Where have you been?

The arrow indicating the position of my van on the sat nav is not optimally positioned!

Depending on which orientation of the map selected, it can be off screen - probably about level with the seat heating switch.
Or at best as shown below, tucked down in the bottom right corner.
I seem to recall reading that someone else had a similar problem but can't find the thread.

View attachment 89575
Andy this is my current SW position. Possibly needs a SW update but didn’t push the button. Will over the weekend.

FC23654A-A626-4744-AD54-8B6EF9595D51.jpeg

Bart Where have you been?
still at home ;)

Hi Will,
Everything o.k. here.
2 Weeks ago we had our first night in night in the GC, as a test :thumb.
Mattress seems to be o.k. for us. We are now buying accessories, ordered carpets, boxes, cutlery tray etc .
I tested and tried to understand the electric, heating, fridge, solar, etc.
We wait with testing the water system because of the low temperatures. I hope to fill the water tank soon and look what happens:eek:.

First big trip end of April two weeks Provence .
I am now busy with making a cupboard of aluminum profile for under the bed, lots of work .

Bart

@andyinluton if this is the same as our Touran (which it appears very similar to), then click on the directional arrow (the arrow pointing downwards in your image) and this change the display of your vehicle’s position to a more optimal display position

I had tried that. It moves it from being totally off the screen to just about on it on the the bottom right corner.
Interestingly, using google maps via CarPlay puts the arrow in the opposite corner.

Still it’s better than the Oceans satnav that was convinced I was ten miles from home still when I pulled up on the drive.

Back