Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New coast 6.1 sat nav fault

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Picked up my new Coast last week but have a problem with the sat nav. VW have had it back and called VW Germany and downloaded new software to try and fix it but to no avail. Its going back again this week to try again but I just wondered if anyone else has had this and if so how was it fixed.
The sat Nav works but doesn't center my position. Even after pressing the re-center button my exact position is still off screen.
I am actually where my finger is.

Picked up my new Coast last week but have a problem with the sat nav. VW have had it back and called VW Germany and downloaded new software to try and fix it but to no avail. Its going back again this week to try again but I just wondered if anyone else has had this and if so how was it fixed.
The sat Nav works but doesn't center my position. Even after pressing the re-center button my exact position is still off screen.
I am actually where my finger is.

20210807_093019.jpg

20210807_092935.jpg

This looks symptomatic of a ephemeris data fault. In simple terms the GPS receiver has duff satellite orbit data.

The unit should update this data from time to time. It needs to be outside with a clear view of the sky and switched on.

If the offset looks reasonably constant as you drive around this would tend to confirm the diagnosis.

My van position stays exactly where my finger is when I'm driving around .
VW Liverpool say they've never seen this before.
I'll mention this to them when they pick it up again this week.

Consistently 3,5 miles NE of actual position? That sounds very much like it. Most likely the easiest cheapest way to fix it from a vw perspective would be a new unit.

I'm very glad they don't make aviation units...

Has now been fixed by VW Liverpool.
Can't praise them enough.

They had to contact Germany and get new software via a usbc. Took a few hours to do but all good so far.

Has now been fixed by VW Liverpool.
Can't praise them enough.

They had to contact Germany and get new software via a usbc. Took a few hours to do but all good so far.
Great to hear @Trudi . Time now to enjoy.

Back