Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scams

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I know that people on here are far to switched on to get done but it doesn't do any harm to just alert people so....

Had a rather large item on sale on gumtree and was contacted by a lovely lady called Emily. Emily wanted to buy the item for her disabled son but she works on an oil rig and would need to send a courier. So far, looking quite straight, payment by PayPal and she sends courier. I then get a sorry tale about these damned couriers requiring payment. If I could kindly pay the courier........ by moneygram! I think you get the drift.
I'm up to email 15 from Emily now who is still attempting various angles and would still dearly like to buy my item.

So first thing is they've moved on a bit from me winning a prize etc etc and they are trawling the sell sites for contact details and an angle.

If you do use these sites use an email account you can bin.

I have a contact in a department where these things are investigated so will keep Emily on the hook for a while.

Mike

Had about the same offer a few times at on-line 2nd hand sites here in Belgium.
I am a collector of vintage stuff like old advertising and enamel signs.
And also sell some things to make some profit.
Just a few weeks go a lady bid 270€ on a big enamel sign 1,5m x 1m , so hard to send by courrier. As it was on display for only 200€ i already found it strange from the start she did not bid just the 200€.
She mailed me asking my pay-pall details for payment and it would be picked up aftherwarts by courrier......
Always a story like : my work do not allow me to pick it up at your place , i work at a oilplant on sea for the next months not on the mainland,....but it is a present for someone close to me who is looking for such a special item.
I answerd her to give me her adres so i wil bring the item at her door when she's home .....haven't heard her since... ;)
Sold the item in the mean time to another for 200€ witch means i doubled my money within a month , what bank can garanty me that?

No deal for me , those things are scams , had those propositions a few times and as Mike says above always big items that need pick up by courrier.

Last edited: