Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scandinavia trip

M

Max Scarletto

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,

Were off to Europe in a couple of weeks and are think of heading north this time.
We don't tend to book ahead but just see where the wind blows us, which to me is the beauty of the Cali. This has never been a problem in France and Italy where they expect a certain amount of turn up the day business, but wondered about Scandinavia?

Any experiences of this would be welcome.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Were off to Europe in a couple of weeks and are think of heading north this time.
We don't tend to book ahead but just see where the wind blows us, which to me is the beauty of the Cali. This has never been a problem in France and Italy where they expect a certain amount of turn up the day business, but wondered about Scandinavia?

Thanks!
We spent ~8 weeks in Denmark, Sweden and Norway this time last year.

We did not book anything and had no problems. Norway, in particular, encourages wild camping, so even if sites are full you can set up camp just about anywhere off the road and unfenced.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hi All,

Thanks![/QUOTE

Hi Max,
We’re currently in Lofoten, and have been travelling since May in Denmark, Iceland until mid June, and back to Denmark, then Sweden and now Norway. We haven’t booked anything, and have always got a pitch at campsites so far - so I wouldn’t worry. I gives you much more flexibility not to book. Some of the more popular places like Flam were very busy, but I suspect they’ll always put you somewhere. But as Amarillo says, wild camping is a good option in Norway too.

Been through Denmark, currently in Sweden and heading for Finland. Only site prebooked was the Charlottenlund Fort In Copenhagen. The sites is Sweden can be quite big, family oriented with many permanent residents. The are also many simpler Stallplats. The Stellplatz app was recommended to me buy some Swedes. I think wild camping is overstated. I think it mainly applies to tents. There are lots of no camping signs in Sweden. I started in Malmo/Ystad and am now only in Stockholm so lots more road to see. It may be easier for wild camping going north? Weather has been brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk