Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown 4 Begins. Scandinavia 2020

Another day and another country.
Now pitched up in Southern Germany beside a lake, with a very loud thunderstorm rumbling overhead. ( I do have the roof up ).
Gentle meander through Germany despite the roadworks around Hamburg although we kept moving.
@westfalia you might know the Hamburg roadworks were there in 2015 on my first trip to Nordkapp. It’s now 7 yrs later. Are they ever going to be finished?

92DC6CCC-653C-4682-AC56-2337F98686A4.jpeg25184F36-A962-42A4-B95A-5FD60672E275.jpeg

Another day and another country.
Now pitched up in Southern Germany beside a lake, with a very loud thunderstorm rumbling overhead. ( I do have the roof up ).
Gentle meander through Germany despite the roadworks around Hamburg although we kept moving.
@westfalia you might know the Hamburg roadworks were there in 2015 on my first trip to Nordkapp. It’s now 7 yrs later. Are they ever going to be finished?

View attachment 93294View attachment 93295
Like all roadworks, its a never ending story. I know of one that has been going on for 20 yrs.

You're close to Münster, thats a great town. If you're there on Saturday, head for the market and get some fish and chips.
Kibbeling ( cod cheeks )
images-28.jpeg
Enjoy.:thumb

Where are you heading to?
Harwich to Holland, then the Eemshaven to Kristiansand ferry get us in to Norway on Sunday morning. We've then got 12 days in Norway before returning from Bergen back to Hirtshals and returning on the Hook of Holland ferry. The plans for Norway are all pretty fluid! Original plan was booked pre-covid.

Last edited:
If you want spectacular, we would not take the tunnel, but the old road over the mountain, if it is open! And then from Laerdal to Auerland, for the most stunning views.
Tunnel oneway? Road back?

Last time I was at the Tunnel the old road didn’t open until mid-June.
That is always the question in early or late season, anywhere in the mountains… We have also seen once that the Auerlandsfjellet was closed on Sept. 1 already.
We have also seen, once, on the Little St Bernhard between France and Italy, that we asked the local Tourist Office about conditions and they informed us the pass would be opened the next day. We ended up in a big festival with a local wind band, mayors from both sides shovelling away the last snow, and drinks for everybody!

Last edited:
Nice!

Have you seen the bridge at Kvaenangen (in the E6) has collapsed due to the abundance of melting water? To Nordkapp now needs a big detour via Finland…
Oops. I think I remember that bridge. The melt water hadn’t really taken off up north, when I was there, but there had been some very large snowfalls a week or so before. In Alta 100cms over 5 days the week before I was there, especially up in the uplands.

Oops. I think I remember that bridge. The melt water hadn’t really taken off up north, when I was there, but there had been some very large snowfalls a week or so before. In Alta 100cms over 5 days the week before I was there, especially up in the uplands.
Here’s the current emergency bridge:

253A5CDA-2144-4083-9586-9975C7F8CAB6.jpeg

It’s on top, indeed. No idea how this will be rebuilt in the end

Kjerag and Trolltunga are both amazing but have a big walk to access them
We plan on returning someday soon and will check them out. Don't mind a big walk. No way am I standing on the Kjerag - I have seen videos on getting on and off - a bit scary.