Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Covers

T

thetallguy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I call upon the great wisdom of the forum collective again...

Our Ocean is around eight months old now, and courtesy of the worst possible cloth colour and two young boys, the seats look revolting.

There are three options that we’re considering, having already decided against the Brandrup Second Skins (after all, they’re just going to end up looking the same as the existing). So:

1) The titanium (that’ll be dark grey then) or GTI fabric covers from the club shop. Advantages that I can see are that they would still feel comfortable in all temperatures, they look good, but presumably spillages will leak through and still affect the original cloth.

2) The pretend leather from the club shop, either in the grey/black or the red/black (good price on the latter at the moment). Pros would seem to be that they’re wipe clean an should protect the original seat cloth, but my concern is that they may feel a bit sweaty in the summer months.

3) A set of Jackyards covers. I see people rave about them but they look (from the photos I’ve seen) very much as an add-on rather than original fabric; I’ve no problem with this in principle, but if they moved about or bunched up, that would drive me mad. The pros would seem to be that they’re easy to fit, therefore easy to remove and wash, and will still protect the original seats. They are eye-wateringly expensive though!

A few further thoughts: Which covers still allow access to the front seats’ back pockets?

Also, we still need access to the ISOFIX connectors for my three year-old’s seat. This is already a bit of a game and it would be nice not to make life much harder for myself!

All comments absolutely welcomed before I have to describe the interior of my Cali as having wood-effect cupboards with coffee and spaghetti coloured seats...

Thank you all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I call upon the great wisdom of the forum collective again...

Our Ocean is around eight months old now, and courtesy of the worst possible cloth colour and two young boys, the seats look revolting.

There are three options that we’re considering, having already decided against the Brandrup Second Skins (after all, they’re just going to end up looking the same as the existing). So:

1) The titanium (that’ll be dark grey then) or GTI fabric covers from the club shop. Advantages that I can see are that they would still feel comfortable in all temperatures, they look good, but presumably spillages will leak through and still affect the original cloth.

2) The pretend leather from the club shop, either in the grey/black or the red/black (good price on the latter at the moment). Pros would seem to be that they’re wipe clean an should protect the original seat cloth, but my concern is that they may feel a bit sweaty in the summer months.

3) A set of Jackyards covers. I see people rave about them but they look (from the photos I’ve seen) very much as an add-on rather than original fabric; I’ve no problem with this in principle, but if they moved about or bunched up, that would drive me mad. The pros would seem to be that they’re easy to fit, therefore easy to remove and wash, and will still protect the original seats. They are eye-wateringly expensive though!

A few further thoughts: Which covers still allow access to the front seats’ back pockets?

Also, we still need access to the ISOFIX connectors for my three year-old’s seat. This is already a bit of a game and it would be nice not to make life much harder for myself!

All comments absolutely welcomed before I have to describe the interior of my Cali as having wood-effect cupboards with coffee and spaghetti coloured seats...

Thank you all!

Two boys plus a dog. We lived in our Cali for a year and ten days.

Jackyards covers and 40,000 miles and 33 countries later the original seats are in perfect condition.

The single seat covers do shift about a bit, but they just slide back into place. The backs and bench seat covers don’t move. No bunching.

No access to pockets, but you can have pockets made when you order. Isofix not obstructed.

They have not been airbag tested, but as they are open, not weak stitched, at the airbag points, testing doesn’t seem necessary.

Each set of covers is unique and personal to your van. Completely transforms the inside and they are fun. A nautical feel.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Two boys plus a dog. We lived in our Cali for a year and ten days.

Jackyards covers and 40,000 miles and 33 countries later the original seats are in perfect condition.

The single seat covers do shift about a bit, but they just slide back into place. The backs and bench seat covers don’t move. No bunching.

No access to pockets, but you can have pockets made when you order. Isofix not obstructed.

They have not been airbag tested, but as they are open, not weak stitched, at the airbag points, testing doesn’t seem necessary.

Each set of covers is unique and personal to your van. Completely transforms the inside and they are fun. A nautical feel.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thank you Amarillo - very useful feedback. Interesting that the front seat covers move a bit. The “nautical feel” is a definite plus as we all spend plenty of time on the water in various types of boat!

ditto to Amarillo assessment on Jackyards. Ours have travelled some 80k mile. Yes, expensive price divided by our 6 years use not too bad. (sure I could sell them on if we lost the campervan bug and want to get a few £s back).

Seatskinz.co.uk are the UK arm of individual auto design carseatcover.eu in Slovakia who the people that make the club ones if you want a wider selection of colours and materials. They have an on line configurator and can do the fake leather centre panels in perforated or cloth, which may make them less sweaty.

I have the leather ones from club shop easy DIY fit been on over a year now and still look new,no problems in hot weather and most people who check my van out think they are factory fit originals

IMG_0329.JPG

Just fitted the GTI ones from the shop and they look good. Expensive but you can see where the money goes. Comfortable and the heated seats work fine. I expect we'll leave them on when we sell. The leather ones look good but having had a sweaty backside in the Golf all summer i'll be sticking (or most likely not) with cloth.

I have the leather ones from club shop easy DIY fit been on over a year now and still look new,no problems in hot weather and most people who check my van out think they are factory fit originals

View attachment 40214
can I ask
if these are the ones advertised now ?
if so the centre I am told is perforated is this correct
and if so would a drink spill go straight through ?

hi all happy Christmas
can any one who has the leather look seat covers from the shop
please advise me
is the centre perforated
will a drink if spilled go straight through or is there time to catch it with kitchen roll
I am considering these but if not drink safe no point
I don't like the idea of thick sail material if it is not fitted tight
so this sort of rules out the jackyards
it may have to be some cheaper not nice but does the job inkas
all we need is dinner time protection for the kids on the bench seat
please advise us on our options

hi all happy Christmas
please advise me
is the centre perforated
will a drink if spilled go straight through or is there time to catch it with kitchen roll
Hi re leather look seat covers i see that you hail from Morpeth well Im in County Durham I would be happy to meet up so you could have a look at my covers

Hi re leather look seat covers i see that you hail from Morpeth well Im in County Durham I would be happy to meet up so you could have a look at my covers
hi
yes great I would love to see them
are they like the ones in the club shop at the moment

hi
yes great I would love to see them
are they like the ones in the club shop at the moment
Hi yes I believe they are the same ones Im free anytime you wish to meet up.Boxing day wife and I are heading across to Tynemouth for a dog walk we could meet there if not just drop me a message I,m retired so available anytime.Cheers Steve

I have the Inka ones, possibly not the nicest to look at but was really impressed with the fit, they don't move about and their service was very good. Heated seats work ok and they are airbag rated, don't know what they will be like in really hot weather though. The club ones look really good but at a price...

Jackyards and heated seats - good or bad? Are they too thick?

We have to GTI covers. They have been on a year and still looking good. I have given them a coupe of good coatings with scotch spray so anything rolls off.

Hi yes I believe they are the same ones Im free anytime you wish to meet up.Boxing day wife and I are heading across to Tynemouth for a dog walk we could meet there if not just drop me a message I,m retired so available anytime.Cheers Steve
hi
would love to check out the covers
Sunday morning I could drive your way and meet ?
if you went to tynemouth we were around Whitley bay with the kids
shame I had not checked on here

I have the Inka ones, possibly not the nicest to look at but was really impressed with the fit, they don't move about and their service was very good. Heated seats work ok and they are airbag rated, don't know what they will be like in really hot weather though. The club ones look really good but at a price...
great
I will check out the leather look ones
and its good to know the ink ones are neat and tidy
just thinking of drinks kids and seats

Aesthetics
We fitted the "pretend leather" ones back in September. Unless I told you, you'd have no idea that they are covers. The fit is so neat, so precise, no hint of "sag" or "slack" whatsoever and I'm a fussy mofo. I couldn't cope with seeing any slack, seams failing to match up, "wonky" stitch lines or anything asymmetrical whatsoever. These are aesthetically awesome in every way.

Functionality
Dog paw prints are simply wipe away as is wine.
Due to slight perforations in the material, I haven't experienced an over heated bum yet but only caught the tail end of the summer.
If I was to have a fault, it would be that the heated seats are slightly less hot. My remedy? leave them on for a little longer. They work and get hot. It takes a little longer.
There are pockets sewn in to these covers so access to the ones in the seat is not an issue

hi all happy Christmas
please advise me
is the centre perforated

As stated above, they are slightly perforated. When a half glass of red wine was tipped over the seats I was somewhat horrified.

"That's bound to seep through those holes" I thought.

Being to drunk to really really care, I waited until the morning before removing the covers.

As if by magic, the seats were clean!! The sponge in the seat had absorbed any wine leaving the seats spotless. Whether I was particularly lucky I do not know but in this instance, tipping red wine had no ill effect

Last edited: