Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SEAT COVERS

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I had a very interesting meeting with nick + comfortz leisure yesterday and am pleased to
Say he was busy making up orders for Cali-toppers and awning panels. He has also been working hard perfecting seat covers for the Cali. The seat covers will be available to order in a few weeks
I have to say they look fantastic quality. They were as good or if not better than my Brandrup ones
I bought last year. There will be standard off the shelf covers in fabric or vinyl and made to order covers in virtually any colour combination you can think of. The rough cost for the off the shelf covers will be between £250-£325 depending on the materials used. Compared to the £600 I paid for my Brandrup I would say bargain. I have a few pictures, more to follow.

20131113_102707.jpg 20131113_103542.jpg 20131113_103619.jpg 20131113_103708.jpg

Glad you liked them Kev, I don't think the pictures quite give the covers the justice they deserve - your reaction to them was priceless :lol: I'll capture some better shots for folks to have a look when we've got several sets / colour combinations finished :thumb

I'll confirm the actual prices colours over the next 2 weeks.

:thanks
Nick

I agree nick it is very difficult to take decent pictures close up with a phone :thumb
I do love em and can't wait to see a full set

Are these covers safe to use with the airbags which I thought were in the outer side of the seats ie nearest the door? My current covers have slits down theses sides to allow the bag to deploy correctly.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Hi andy great question.
The seat covers will be safe to use with airbags. They will either have Velcro down the edge
Or will use the same method as the Brandrup ones that use a thinner cotton just down the edge
That will burst and come apart should the airbag deploy

Hi guy they were only put on in a rush to take a picture if you look my passenger seat has the Brandrup cover and it also is a little baggy where the seat bolsters are. I think nicks cover will easily be as good a fit as the Brandrup for half the price. It is very difficult to get a perfect fit without a retrim due to the complex shape of the front captains chairs. I have seen many bad fitting covers out there and these aren't them

Ok cool - fair enough. My missus really wants to get some and I'm struggling with £600 (plus I think we should get a topper!).

Thanks for the feedback.

These new seat covers sound really terrific, when the time comes to order, could you tell me where to find our VIP Discount code please; My partner Liz and I are collecting our new California 140 SE tomorrow (Sat 30th Nov) and are so excited;

Thanks very much

Chris (and Liz) :thumb

Hello Chris & Liz (and everyone else)

Just a quick update with regards the seats covers, we have a final fitting early next week so we fully expect to be putting the covers on sale over the next couple of weeks. It's took a little bit longer than expected making sure the front seat covers are compatible with the air bags (for obvious reasons) and we've been working hard on getting the quality just right - everyone who has seen the prototypes seem very excited!

A couple of people are already placing provisional orders with us so hopefully there should be quite a few photo's coming very shortly.

Cheers all :thumb ......Nick

I'm on the lookout for front seat covers for my new (Oct '13) Cali. These seem to be a good option. :clap

Hi ya Nick,

Thanks for the update, do you have a brochure that shows colours and options of materials please;

Kindest regards,

Chris and Liz :thumb

Hi Nick,
Are the new Comfortz seat covers available yet?
Keen to check them out (picking up new van in the next month or so.
Cheers
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk