Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

First posted by calikev

Hi I bought the Inka ones off eBay they are a good fit and well made
Removable and washable I think from memory about £85
Also they have the airbag slots on the front seats

First posted by Drmw1335

I have the new VW seat covers for a 2010 model. They a smart and have the airbag slots for the front seats. I was given a set for a 2009 model in error when i ordered my Cali. When I queried this with VW they confirmed I had the wrong set, supplied the correct set and gave me a refund as a gesture of good will, result!

First posted by freeley

Oct 21, 2011, 7:02pm, Calikev wrote:
Hi I bought the Inka ones off eBay they are a good fit and well made
Removable and washable I think from memory about £85
Also they have the airbag slots on the front seats

Had a quick look - came up with "transporter T5" seat covers, looks like it's £85 per front seat, with no mention of the rear seat unless i'm being dense?

Also the inka is the standard pattern from my work van, was hoping for something a bit more special for the cali.

EDIT: Yes i was being dense! You mean these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Ca ... 910wt_1163
Full set for £85. Look a bit wrinkly perhaps?
No offence meant mod sir!

First posted by freeley

Hmm....these look interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-T5 ... 586wt_1163

Quite expensive but look like a perfect fit albeit one not very good photo.
I fancied leather upholstery much easier to keep clean and cheaper than getting the seats properly reupholstered.

First posted by freeley

Me again!
Just had a look at the brandrup ones again - i thought you could no longer get them for the pre facelift T5 (mine is a 2009) but they do have them in a couple of colours: http://www.brandrup.de/en/volkswagen-zu ... alifornia/
Getting a price/buying them is the hard part though - according to their site VW Commercial Vehicles in Milton Keynes are the only retailer in this country. Isn't that the VW vans HQ?
I wonder if that means any dealer can get them. Will make a note of the part numbers and make a call i think.

First posted by andy

Quote:
VW Commercial Vehicles in Milton Keynes are the only retailer in this country. Isn't that the VW vans HQ?

This would be Wayside, they are a dealership. VW UK headquarters is different but in Milton Keynes.

There is a website in Germany who sell Brandrup gear http://shop.christl.de/

First posted by ewen

Having just picked up a second hand set of Brandrup seat covers I have to say they're fab. They absolutely fit like a glove - and go with the Cali's styling unlike everything else I've seen.

Seat covers seem to be the one Cali accessory where there are so few options currently - a real opportunity to market new,stylish products ... and significantly undercutting the Brandrup prices.

Ello all,

I need to source some seat covers for my Cali. The links in this thread seem a little out of date. All the eBay ones have finished and the Brandrup ones just take me to the main page. Should I be looking for the "Second Skin Volkswagen T5 California Beach" covers? Also, does anyone know if these covers still allow access to the ISOFIX bars on the rear bench?

Cheers!
Blakey

Thanks guys.

I think the Brandrup ones look the nicest by a country mile. Can anyone give me (simple!) instructions on where to find them for order from the UK?

Many thanks!
Blakey

Hi Blakey
I think smg vw on here would be able to supply them
Try sending Alex a message

Thanks Kev. Hopefully by sending this reply I'll have 5 posts and will be able to send SMG a message!!! :)

Cheers
Blakey

If not let me know and i will do it for you

I live out in Spain, but prefer to buy from the UK when I can as the service and backup just ...well...is actually there! :p

SMG VW supplied me with the full set of Brandup seat covers, front and rear, for a very reasonable price and it was delivered in 4 days! Got the rear parcel shelf cover also, which although a really simple idea, fits great and can be removed easily if you don't want to sleep on it! All the covers just add to the Cali quality, and are very well thought out! Stupidly expensive yes....but then so was the Cali and I don't regret that! :cool

ps Thanks tonnes all at SMG VW!

Anyone know if its still possible to get the brandrup seat covers for the prefacelift?
And do the new covers fit the old cali? I'm assuming the seats are the same shape and size.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not 100% certain but my belief would be that the seats are identical in both facelift and
Preface lift my understanding is facelift is what is says new front end only. Lights,bonnet,bumper
And grill. I presume you can still buy the seat covers :thumb

When I explored buying seat covers for my 57 plate Cali, I talked to one of the firms newly making them or marketing them about availability (this was sometime during 2010) and was told that the backs to the front seats had been modified but not the horizontal bits. They had been narrowed to make access between them and swivelling them easier. The rear seat remained unchanged. I'm not sure whether the changes that were described to me were part of the Facelift development or not and curiously I've seen no reference to these changes anywhere since.

The firm in question did not plan to make the covers for the wider-backed seats but thought the narrower covers would fit the wider backed seats just fine. My recollection that the narrowing was described as about an inch per seat.

I never followed up on buying seat covers although wish I had ...
Anybody know anything about this?

barry said:
When I explored buying seat covers for my 57 plate Cali, I talked to one of the firms newly making them or marketing them about availability (this was sometime during 2010) and was told that the backs to the front seats had been modified but not the horizontal bits. They had been narrowed to make access between them and swivelling them easier. The rear seat remained unchanged. I'm not sure whether the changes that were described to me were part of the Facelift development or not and curiously I've seen no reference to these changes anywhere since.

The firm in question did not plan to make the covers for the wider-backed seats but thought the narrower covers would fit the wider backed seats just fine. My recollection that the narrowing was described as about an inch per seat.

I never followed up on buying seat covers although wish I had ...
Anybody know anything about this?

Just checked the covers on the brandrup site and they have a different part number for prefacelift vans so this may back up your theory.
I should've done this before i pm'd Alex but never mind!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi there
We live in Lancashire and have ordered the GTI VW seat covers for our California Ocean T6.1. Is there anyone in the area you could recommend to put them on?
Cheers
Damien

Back