Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat padding for back bench?

Peter Horvath

Peter Horvath

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
My partner is complaining that sitting on a bench of our T6.1 ocean is very uncomfortable. She can either lean back fully or have feet on the ground (and legs bent 90 degrees), but not both, because she is a bit small.

Do you know of any good "padding seats", cushions, that could help? She has to sit back because of a child and it is uncomfortable. I have found some pillows, but then she would have pillow, but upper back would not be straight. Any good tips for products that could solve this issue?

She has said "we might need another new car", so please save me :). Anyway, I understand that spending hours in such position is not fun.

There are 2 resting positions with the back rest on a T6
Is the T6.1 the same? and have you tried changing from one to the other?
I guess you have but worth mentioning in case and obviously the more upright of the 2 positions is going to help.

I did not know this (my manual is in French and I was not able to find an english one). I was trying to figure it out, but it seems it either goes flat to bed position or to seating position. Do you pull the middle strap somehow to change it, or is there a knob I did not find to change it?

I did not know this (my manual is in French and I was not able to find an english one). I was trying to figure it out, but it seems it either goes flat to bed position or to seating position. Do you pull the middle strap somehow to change it, or is there a knob I did not find to change it?
On my T6 it is the strap between the seat belt catches. If you pull that and help the seat to its most upright position it locks in place obviously but Pull it again get the top of the seat back moving towards the tail gate and it locks into a more reclined position.

On my T6 it is the strap between the seat belt catches. If you pull that and help the seat to its most upright position it locks in place obviously but Pull it again get the top of the seat back moving towards the tail gate and it locks into a more reclined position.
As @Ocean Spirit has said. The rear bench can be reclined slightly. You may need to pull the bench seat forward a few inches to recline easily.

My partner is complaining that sitting on a bench of our T6.1 ocean is very uncomfortable. She can either lean back fully or have feet on the ground (and legs bent 90 degrees), but not both, because she is a bit small.

Do you know of any good "padding seats", cushions, that could help? She has to sit back because of a child and it is uncomfortable. I have found some pillows, but then she would have pillow, but upper back would not be straight. Any good tips for products that could solve this issue?

She has said "we might need another new car", so please save me :). Anyway, I understand that spending hours in such position is not fun.

I have used the downstairs mattress vertically on the seat back before, kids were comfy with it there, that was due to needing the space in the boot rather than a seating problem.

Presumably you have a child seat on half the seat? If so just get a block of memory foam made up for half the backrest, there's plenty of brandrup or original seat covers on ebay that you could use to cover the foam in matching material.

Plan B would be to use a kids toilet step on the floor in the back. The Mrs uses one in the front (passenger side) as she has a similar problem in the front seat.

shopping.png

Back