Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Security Light.

S

Shadrack

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Everyone,
i decided to put a little auto lighting on my camper. I used the solar charged battery led lights. I chose these as after a year of use in my garden I found them very effective indeed. As I approach they will light for around five mins before going off. The light itself is very bright
I have a few of these in and around my garden lighting paths and steps. Some with the larger sensor will trigger at a long distance, perhaps too sensitive. So I chose for the camper those with a smaller sensor, they will trigger when approximately 10 feet from the sensor.
I attached two neo magnets on the rear. Be careful with these as they are extremely strong. But you won’t be knocking these off with a stick.
Now when I approach my camper in the dark the area is illuminated as would be in the night if unwanted attention approaches.

I have included pics and hope the idea helps. I would be interested if any suggestions on improvements are found.

Lights and magnets can be found on Amazon for just a few pounds...

DF545A15-0FC4-4A80-82EF-DAAD43858928.jpeg46093332-A9EC-4646-8D5C-9644B9289653.jpeg2AB8EFEF-21EA-4CC1-9F8B-AB1D9F6095F0.jpeg

You’ll be popular!
Does it know to ignore rabbits, birds, deer, ponies and fellow campers?
Seriously, I find most campsites are over illuminated already.

You’ll be popular!
Does it know to ignore rabbits, birds, deer, ponies and fellow campers?
Seriously, I find most campsites are over illuminated already.

I don’t see any serious in your post at all, just negatives.

Please reread my post.
I did say I had chosen the lower sensitivity sensor.
If I rocked up to a site where there was plenty of lighting then they would stay in the box. But my recent trip to Calaise, ‘Camping St Luise’ there was little or no lighting.
If wild life did trigger excessively then I would remove. Hence the simple magnetic mounts.. But up to now running them in my garden for over a year I have found very few false triggers. That’s why I have decided to try them.

Just sharing my thoughts and my preference for darkness, no offence meant. Maybe I should have put a tongue in cheek emoji at the end.

Got to say I'm with ArunAlec on this one, sorry. I can't stand campsites that have lights on all night. If I need to find my way back to my van a little torch or the app on my phone is as much as I'd want to impose on anyone else.

(Okay, full disclosure: I don't really like most campsites much at all. Just had a superb Saturday night in the van, in an empty farm field on a hill with a sea view, just outside Llangennith on the Gower. Enough moonlight to see our way back from the pub. Bliss.)

Could be a very very expecive light if forgotten to take down when closing the roof .
Just leave it , use a torch or petzl if you need to do something in the dark next to the Cali
Does'nt a T6 have the function where you push the remote opening the doors and lights go on ?

Hi guys,
We do seem to be missing the point here with my intentions: maybe I could have explained my idea better...

It’s not a debate about whether you like illuminated sites or dark sites or whether you want guidance safely back. I have a torch for that too...

All I wanted to do was share and idea I had about improving the security around my van. As to yet I don’t know if good or bad as not yet tried.

The lights I am hoping will only activate when someone approaches within a few feet of my van. The strength of the light is that of a 40watt bulb, not a blooming floodlight. But hopefully enough to deter unwanted attention.

If I am sound asleep in a dark site and undesirables are nearby then then lights will come on for a few minutes, or stay on as long as there is a presence.

Okay I see what you mean, if you were staying somewhere a bit iffy.

But wouldn''t that just give them the light they need to help them connect the gas hose to your air intake?

I'll get my coat...
:sorry