Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pir Light for Security deterent.

campandfly

campandfly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Simple cheap battery operated Pir Light. Simply glued a couple of magnets on the back to attach anywhere to the metal parts of the Cali. These particular lights are not waterproof as they come but it will be very easy to sort something out.

Looks very interesting. What make of light did you use?

They are selling a good one in Aldi. £ 4.99upload_2015-11-8_12-22-52.jpeg

Looks very interesting. What make of light did you use?
There are lots of brands available some come in packs of three. All you need is some cheap magnets to glue or stick on and you can put them almost anywhere. If you were away from the van you could even leave them in place its not the end of the world if one gets pinched.

I wonder if they work through the glass. So if someone approaches the vehicle lights come on. . Useful deterrent.

I wonder if they work through the glass. So if someone approaches the vehicle lights come on. . Useful deterrent.
Did try using through glass but it does not work. Maybe a different model or higher spec one would work.

I should mention that the Cali slopes inwards towards the top and so your light does angle up a bit. When I glue another light and magnet together I will make it a bit thicker at the top to point slightly down or at least straight.

Last edited:
Hi @robo Does it have a switch too? I have to take the battery out to disable it which is a pain.