Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seen it, touched it, can't wait now!

mchbiker

mchbiker

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Did a "handover check" yesterday ready for a 1st March handover. It still seems slightly surreal that in a few days it will be ours! Tried everything and still impressed with the design and functionality, hopefully regular use will back this up. I think a few hours will be spent playing with it on the drive especially pairing phones & looking at Satnav etc.

Saw lots of little details that you never see in a brochure or a quick look in the show room, most will be old hat to current owners but I'll try and post a few photos when I can. Gone for 150 DSG Ocean Mojave with ACC (so get MFSW), Media+, Black awning, Privacy glass, Comfort mattress, Shower, Storage net/extra drawer. Bike rack to follow in time.

First trip at Easter to the Lakes is planned but we suddenly realised last night that we will have to think where to do our first overnighter, driveway slopes too much to try it! Children are 5 & 7 so they should love their upstairs den.

We have steadily bought a few new items for the van as we have seen them (thanks to all for ideas) but we are waiting until we have slept a few nights with sleeping bags on comfort mattress but deciding whether to buy Duvalays etc. I am very curious when I pack for the first time how full it will be, hard to tell with the variety of storage options.

Just a few days now, exciting.......:)

Good times ahead , start planning trips!

Did a "handover check" yesterday ready for a 1st March handover. It still seems slightly surreal that in a few days it will be ours! Tried everything and still impressed with the design and functionality, hopefully regular use will back this up. I think a few hours will be spent playing with it on the drive especially pairing phones & looking at Satnav etc.

Saw lots of little details that you never see in a brochure or a quick look in the show room, most will be old hat to current owners but I'll try and post a few photos when I can. Gone for 150 DSG Ocean Mojave with ACC (so get MFSW), Media+, Black awning, Privacy glass, Comfort mattress, Shower, Storage net/extra drawer. Bike rack to follow in time.

First trip at Easter to the Lakes is planned but we suddenly realised last night that we will have to think where to do our first overnighter, driveway slopes too much to try it! Children are 5 & 7 so they should love their upstairs den.

We have steadily bought a few new items for the van as we have seen them (thanks to all for ideas) but we are waiting until we have slept a few nights with sleeping bags on comfort mattress but deciding whether to buy Duvalays etc. I am very curious when I pack for the first time how full it will be, hard to tell with the variety of storage options.

Congratulations. You will love it, your children will love it and you are going to have a great time with it.
Good luck with the handover and first night away in it.

Hi mchbiker. Much the same as us - saw it two weeks ago and picking up on the 4th March, Mojave beige 150 ocean but manual. Our kids 5 and 7 also... Have fun and looking forward to hearing how you get on. Very excited!

I'm also in a similar position. My eight year old daughter is almost as excited as I am! Only a few more sleeps!

11 sleeps to go for us!!! I am not sure who is more excited: me, the wife or our 8 & 4 yr old boys.

We too pick up our 1st Cali an Ocean 204 in Indium Grey.

We still haven't seen one but it makes it all the more exciting. Thanks for all the advice it's been invaluable.

Please keep posting the handover advice and experience so we are super prepared.

:happy

Hi. So excited for you all.
Same colour & similar spec 150 DSG Ocean with ACC to ours.
We expect delivery April/May ...
Look forward to some photos & your first impressions .
Enjoy

Very exciting! Our bamboo green T6 is now in the garage awaiting registration. Can I ask..did you visit the garage before picking it up to do the checks, did you take a list of checks with you? I am wondering whether to go and check all the options are there and for any obvious issues this weekend before picking it up the following weekend.

At the start of the thread it says that he went to garage to do handover checks and make sure everything there before 1st March collection.
There is a check list in down load section.
I will also be doing handover prior to delivery - even if it means delaying delivery as I want to make sure everything is as agreed in contract and working before I hand over £50+k...

Very exciting! Our bamboo green T6 is now in the garage awaiting registration. Can I ask..did you visit the garage before picking it up to do the checks, did you take a list of checks with you? I am wondering whether to go and check all the options are there and for any obvious issues this weekend before picking it up the following weekend.
There's plenty of interest in that colour so please take loads of photos once you've picked up. Thanks so much!

Took the checklist but that focusses more on checking whether material items are included. We went through the van, dealer demonstrating everything and then the two of us had a try. Most things seemed very solid and stiff so I worried was being too forceful but everything was ok. Check all options are included. It just means I can collect on the 1st.

Just come back from my wee look at the Silver Dream Machine. Wowzers. It was still a bit grubby from the trip and the carpet covers had slipped so a few dirty boot prints and mud on the door upholstery. I've been assured it will be spotless for full inspection and handover on Tuesday. Even so, it looks lovely and I can't wait to get driving it. 2.5 years in the dreaming, 6 months in the waiting and now 4 more sleeps, or is that 'no-sleeps' :)
Just hope the dogs like their rather expensive, posh new kennel on wheels... :Nailbiting