Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can't order a T6 Cali until March 2016!!

S

Scala

I have been on the list with my local dealer since the T6 was launched a few months ago and today I have just received a call to say the order book is not expected to open until March next year, this means with an average wait of 4-6 month for building it I will miss yet another summer season. Also to add insult to injury there will be a hefty price increase and no discounts available on launch ! :headbang

Bad news Scala.

When I went to a dealer about 6 weeks ago he said that they were going to be hard to get hold of until very late 2016 or early 2017. On that basis I picked up an ex-demo T5 thinking that when the warranty runs out in March 2018 prices may be a little more flexible so I can think of upgrading.

Don't forget it's in the dealer's interest to be conservative on the time frame so they don't over-promise. Hopefully it will be a little sooner.

I still have my £500 deposit paid for a T6 and my dealer was very precise about when I will be able to place an order:

"As for ordering and specification, this opens in July for the Transporter and we expect the California to follow afterwards.."

So that could be some time this decade maybe!

I asked them to keep my deposit just in case things changed but they have refunded me anyway, I think the problem is the whole of mainland Europe are now ordering the Cali and production starts in September, they have possibly delayed the UK launch to avoid giving people 12 month plus build dates, by delaying it until next March hopefully things will have calmed down.

One good thing will come out of this for anyone owning a Cali is resale prices will increase.

This could possibly play into the hands of Mercedes with their Marco Polo... only issue is that they haven't got a clue what is going on either.

I phoned a MB dealer a month or so ago and asked if there was any info on the Marco Polo camper van, he replied by asking if that was a VW!! Another two phone calls to other MB dealers and neither of them got back to me.

Hi all I guess if it is next year so be it we have had a rental vehicle to try out as we have set our decisions on waiting and I guess the dealers are going to want to complete all there t5 orders first so they don't have any lying around as if the t6 was out now everyone would be ho I'll have the new model please

Bad news Scala.

When I went to a dealer about 6 weeks ago he said that they were going to be hard to get hold of until very late 2016 or early 2017. On that basis I picked up an ex-demo T5 thinking that when the warranty runs out in March 2018 prices may be a little more flexible so I can think of upgrading.

Don't forget it's in the dealer's interest to be conservative on the time frame so they don't over-promise. Hopefully it will be a little sooner.

Dealer said exactly the same to me when I bought my Ex Demo T5 recently. He said the demand for the T5 California was very high because people werent going to be able to get a T6 until Autumn at earliest. He had 2 new ones (my beach and an SE) and a 14 second hand one and they all sold within the week. In fact on my trip back from Berwick I saw a 2nd hand California almost identical to mine but last years, for 5k more than I paid for it new (well 300 miles). Sellers market indeed at the moment.

He seemed pretty certain the new ones were going to arrive late 2016 at earliest and be significantly more expensive. I did wonder if this was all a ploy to increase demand and sell the last of the Calif T5s though. ;)

Hi all spoken with Vw's van centre today
They have assured me orders will be taken August this year for delivery early 2016

Interesting, clearly the van centres need to sit down round a table and get their story straight!

My chap seemed to suggest orders weren't a problem, but delivery is expected to be.

According to VW UK the official line is that the UK order books will open in August (prob late Aug) and first deliveries expected Jan 2016 ...
make of that what you will!
Generation Six Special Edition posh multivan is also now confirmed as being made in limited edition in RHD!

I asked the question re when I can order and as yet, have not had a response

Yes twill be interesting to see if T6s start arriving late Sept as claimed...I suspect yes cos of the huge market ready for their new work vans!

Initially with the same engines as the T5.1!, in the UK. Possibly with a restricted choice as well.

get a feel for the t6 and its features

Good find :thumb

I think the grille is a bit OTT on the Multivan, prefer the more toned down version of the basic Transporter.

I didn't have time to watch the video in full yet, but the comments about the revised steering were interesting.

Still, no chance of getting our hands on a Cali version for a while by the looks of things.

The red and white one looks awful. Those wheels and chrome strips, ugh!

Lovely idea, badly executed.

Dash looks great though :)

get a feel for the t6 and its features

Wow the new cabin area dash door panels seats look great those new led lights look good to I think it's really neat the way be have added the add blue filler in the same area as the fuel filler thanks for taking the time to post this for us all to see and the photos of the new Cali our local dealer as I posted the other day said the t6 Cali order book would be open August 15 and would be looking at a January 16 delivery

Yes there's quite a few new features available the add blue is introduced for the emissions there's telematics which will appeal to the commercial fleet range an upgraded suspension option distance control which I'm informed will also work with the cruise control
electrically and mechanically there quite a few enhancements the body she'll is virtually the same with an enhanced front and rear the new dash has been needed for a while and the new seats / foams and covers on the multivan where you sit in them rather than on them have also been a needed option for comfort let's hope this seating option will be available in the new California
vw know what there doing when it comes to design sales and marketing
as making a huge change could rock the boat on sales and the t5 has been a huge success for them and I'm sure the t6 will have the same Success to and the word is new California's not that far away now

Back