Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My last service was 53,000 miles in October 2020. I am now at 66,900 miles.

Would the next service be a big one?

I am looking at Caffyns (1 mile away) doing it, as opposed to my 'local' VW van garage which is 26 miles away.

What do people think about that, ie Caffyns as oposed to SMG Cowfold?

Thank you.

Depends on previous service history.

Check your service manual/log book.

Given that SMG is not that far away and the hourly rate at Caffyns is likely to be similar I’d stick with SMG as it’s a van centre. However unless you are worried about a VW stamp in the service book I would also look at ….. clcsussex.com in Upper Beeding. He is ex VW and cheaper. Sorted out my suspensio.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Given that SMG is not that far away and the hourly rate at Caffyns is likely to be similar I’d stick with SMG as it’s a van centre. However unless you are worried about a VW stamp in the service book I would also look at ….. clcsussex.com in Upper Beeding. He is ex VW and cheaper. Sorted out my suspensio.
Excellent, thank you

The reason I didn't want to use SMG, was I would have to wait while they did the service. Caffyns, i could walk home in 20 minutes. I will give clcsussex a call.

Excellent, thank you

The reason I didn't want to use SMG, was I would have to wait while they did the service. Caffyns, i could walk home in 20 minutes. I will give clcsussex a call.
CLC have a courtesy “car” not quite a Cali but it gets you home!
I confess that I’ve started using Breeze at Havant. Leave it there then get the train into Pompey for a couple of hours.

I am looking at Caffyns (1 mile away) doing it, as opposed to my 'local' VW van garage which is 26 miles away.

Thank you.
I’m very local to Cowfold and Haywards heath but will be taking mine to smg tonbridge, I’ve taken my Tiguan to Haywards heath and they disconnect the dash cams, not sure if this is normal practice at other garages but the cams are fitted for a reason

Thank you.
SMG Cowfold offer collect & return within a certain radius.

I’m very local to Cowfold and Haywards heath but will be taking mine to smg tonbridge, I’ve taken my Tiguan to Haywards heath and they disconnect the dash cams, not sure if this is normal practice at other garages but the cams are fitted for a reason
Disconnecting dash cams is usual at some garages, data protection. Ie - You would be filming other customers cars, filming inside of the garage & hearing/ recording any non service related comments made by technicians etc.

Most garages will disconnect dashcams. Seems to be normal practice, or they put tape over them. Photography in a non-public place requires permission.

Back