Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shop Around for Servicing

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My Cam Belt is due for replacement and there appears to be a big difference in price from dealer to dealer, best price was of course from Alex at SMG with the VIP discount however other prices I was getting were over £130 more expensive than SMG Cowfold.

So my advice is if SMG are too far away from you make sure you call at least three dealers to compare prices.

well worth knowing :thanks
are you replacing water pump at the same time?

Meoncoast said:
well worth knowing :thanks
are you replacing water pump at the same time?

Hi Andy, yes they advised it was best to have it replaced at the same time and there was not much in the price.

Cambelt £335
Cambelt with water pump £425

is the price VW say there nation pricing cost is any more than this is "just wrong" and I would question their trustworthyness

its off the VW website expect excludes vat too a bit of finding will post a link

But does include 2 yrs unlimited mileage warranty. Do the cheaper priced dealers include that warranty as well?

I'll use a good independent now ours it out of warranty.

KernowLad said:
I'll use a good independent now ours it out of warranty.

Just check prices first as we have a lot of our customers get quotes from independents who are more expensive than us. The local independents in our area have higher labour rates than us as well.

cheers

What's the schedule on cam and water pump. I remember my old T4 was 60k or 4 years which ever came first.
What's it on the latest 2.0...?

soulstyledevon said:
What's the schedule on cam and water pump. I remember my old T4 was 60k or 4 years which ever came first.

It is now 4 years

Martin said:
soulstyledevon said:

It is now 4 years

Cool, good to know.
Cheers bud :thanks

Back