Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

shorter ladies

A

ainrofilac

My wife is 5 ft tall, and a bit worried about being able to drive a cali.I'm pretty sure she'll be fine as we've had big cars/mpv's in the past and she has been fine, but are there any ladies (or gents) of similar stature out there that can tell us how they get in with the cali?

we'll obviously do a test drive before we commit!

My mum is quite short, we fitted these to the pedals

assitive-devices-pedal-extender.jpg

They just clip on

My wife is 5ft 2 and has no problems driving our Calli, I just slide the seat back for her so that she can drive standing up :lol: ............No seriously she has no problems at all.

I'm 5ft 4 and love driving the Cali - no problem reaching the pedals and like the extra height which gives great visibility. :thumb

I'm 5 ft 3 (and a teeny bit), and I have no problem driving it either :thumb

The handle on the door frame is very useful in order to gracefully climb in/scramble up!

My wife is 5'0 and has no problem drive the Cali. just have the seat forward and make sure the steering column in fully in

I'm 5'1" and love driving our Cali, it's fab being higher up and getting a really good view !

I'm 5ft nothing and in my 70's and I have no problems driving our California , in fact I prefer it to driving our car.

I'm 5'1" and find my Cali extremely comfortable to drive. Just take your time to get the seat and steering wheel in the best position - it's amazing how much difference moving the wheel can make to your driving comfort.

ainrofilac said:
My wife is 5 ft tall, and a bit worried about being able to drive a cali.I'm pretty sure she'll be fine as we've had big cars/mpv's in the past and she has been fine, but are there any ladies (or gents) of similar stature out there that can tell us how they get in with the cali?

we'll obviously do a test drive before we commit!

I'm 5' 1 and I have no problems driving mine, and I dont need any modifications at all. Your wife will be fine I'm sure. I have always found vans/campers to be a lot better fitting for me than some saloon cars. I also drove a 7.5 ton truck from Devon to north Wales with no problems either. Hope this helps!

I'm recovering from a Hernia operation and my wife who is 5ft2in is driving me around in our Cali while I recuperate. With proper seat/steering wheel adjustment she has no problem reaching the controls and just loves driving it. :hello

Hi I'm 5ft I enjoy driving our Cali after I've made all the adjustments possible from my husbands driving position, but could do with the peddle extension, (spanner), I would be grateful if you could advise who would supply this.

Many thanks (The Oaks}