Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower / loo tent advice needed!

Festivals are usually there for a couple of days and I don't think people will actually be camping on top of the shower drain.

Do you fancy stepping in and out of your Cali onto a patch of grass covered with shampoo, shower gel, pubic hair and boby fluids etc?
What about the cow/sheep urine and cow pats outside your door? You're hardly going to put the shower right there, or are you?

What about the cow/sheep urine and cow pats outside your door? You're hardly going to put the shower right there, or are you?

Personally I wouldn't shower onto the ground on any campsite but if the OP wants to shower on top of animal waste then it's up to them.

Personally I wouldn't shower onto the ground on any campsite but if the OP wants to shower on top of animal waste then it's up to them.
I agree, but then, I personally revert to the good old camping days a bucket and flannel. At least you don't have to use cold water or collect wood and heat water over an open fire if you have a California.:D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XLEIQLC/?tag=eliteelect-21
Love inflatable pool for £2.95, but I'm up for an easy life! How about this? I reckon I could pirouette around the 65cm diameter and MOST of the water would end up in this popup version. It might be the right size to pull out of the tent....hadn't thought of that problem yet ie how does one empty the paddling pool?!

And the shower I bought is this, but all is untested so far!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LGRGDE8/?tag=eliteelect-21

And this is all so that I can stay an odd night away on a nearby site over this summer when proper camping trips will be difficult to fit in...the site is only 6 miles away but 1000 miles from reality! I could even come home for a shower! I am testing the water for bigger adventures!

How does one empty the shower 'tray' - last question!
When we used to go away as a family many moons ago my dad used to very carefully lift up and tip the shower tray contents into a bucket and take off to the waste water disposal point.
For single nights away at agility comps I go with the bucket of hot water in the awning option - no extra kit to carry around and quick and simple to use.
I'm not a fan of wipes as I understand they're not so good for the environment - but I know they are very popular with other agility dog owners for their simplicity.

Today's delivery!
This is an ideal addition to my mini life....

Purpose No 1. A paddling pool for Dottie (Dottie's at the beach, thus the stand-in)! :cool: Enjoying the heat before the flash floods...! :Nailbiting
image.jpg

Purpose No 2: wine cooler! (No need to point out this is a bottle of red and an empty bottle! I'm running low and what is left is in the van!)
image.jpg

Purpose No 3: It's my shower tray for my new shower tent! Result!!
image.jpg

..and half an hour later, having had to pause the YouTube clip on MANY occasions, here's my latest multi purpose/can't do without gizmo, all rolled up into its 12" bag!
image.jpeg

I'm opening the wine now...I'm mentally exhausted from the puzzle of pop ups!

image.jpg

Use shower pump to pump tray out ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Purpose No 3: It's my shower tray for my new shower tent! Result!!
image-jpg.15264
Did the shower tray come with the matching nail varnish? :)

Back