Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side bars

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
On a black T6 any comments as to which side bars look best. I am torn between matt black, stainless steel or none at all ?
Better with or without a rear spoiler ?
What about the front spoiler ? Lowering springs ? Chrome package ?
I want to tart my van up and make it look a bit more sporty but not too blingy or naff looking.
Any ideas or photos gratefully received.

VW Matt on our T6 paint flakes in 18 months.Had Stainless Steel on our T5 good as new after 5 years.

I like the new style side bars a bit more discreet also rear spoiler takes away any fitment of a rear bike rack unless you fit a towbar mounted one also lowering springs are great there’s a few vw approved ones now.and chrome pack looks very classy I ordered the chrome pack ,yet to see the van so I’ll know if I made a mistake when it comes

The irony is that added bars make the van less “sporty” by adding weight! These are definitely a marmite item, and I’d vote “no side bars”. The VW 40mm lowering is good value for money, maintains warranty and improves handling. Also doesn’t seem to affect insurance.

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

The possibilities are endless for pimping your Cali.
VW now do trapezoid side bars which look good,vwt59_vw_t5_gp_t6_chrome_polished_angled_trapezoid_sqaure_stainless_steel_side_door_sill_bars_...jpg
rear spoilers look good but don't work with the bike rack.
ABT-T6-001.jpg
Go for it. VW´´s are made for pimping.

I still think one of the advantages of that van is that you can take quite steep bumps without scratching the underside if unlowered.
And the California is already quite bumpy on bumpy roads without the lowering, and thus stiffening.

But that is just my opinion.

Back