Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Silver headrest back-plate

R

rjt36

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I wondered if anyone has found a solution to a problem that has occurred to our Cali. Something rubbed some black marks onto the silver back plate of the rear headrests and although I managed to clean it off, it now looks less matt and rather shiny compared to the other! I really didn't rub it hard, so can only think the paint VW apply is rather soft. Has anyone else had this problem and did they find a solution or a way to re-paint it? I don't want to bodge it - so may need to resort to simply cleaning the other one to match. Thanks for any help you can give.

I wondered if anyone has found a solution to a problem that has occurred to our Cali. Something rubbed some black marks onto the silver back plate of the rear headrests and although I managed to clean it off, it now looks less matt and rather shiny compared to the other! I really didn't rub it hard, so can only think the paint VW apply is rather soft. Has anyone else had this problem and did they find a solution or a way to re-paint it? I don't want to bodge it - so may need to resort to simply cleaning the other one to match. Thanks for any help you can give.
I had the same problem with black marks on the middle section between the headrests after sliding in my surfboard bag,i cleaned them off with T cut , wished i hadn't :( its left mine with a poor finish too.
I did consider having the thing foil wrapped at one of the car styling places but i couldn't be bothered in the end.
I think your probably right about the paint being poor but i infortunately i don't have a solution.

Mines done this pretty much after the first time we used it, couldn't for the life of me work out how or what did it

Last edited:
Thanks Shaun and Rippers.

Last edited:
Thanks Shaun and Rippers. I'm sorry the same has happened to you. It must be a poor paint application from VW. I've never seen any other silver trim rub so easily. Perhaps I should just learn to live with the odd blemish!
I would just like to reiterate what has been said many times - but this forum is simply amazing. So much to learn and so many members willing to help you. Faith in humanity is restored!

Back