Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Skoda t6

Interesting. T6 not out until 2015 according to them. That's a shame as I was planning on changing my work van this year.
Looks like I'll have to wait and see how things pan out.
Good find Mart.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Freeley said:
Interesting. T6 not out until 2015 according to them. That's a shame as I was planning on changing my work van this year.
Looks like I'll have to wait and see how things pan out.
Good find Mart.

So as the new VW Van comes out - they'll continue to build the old T5 asa Skoda - that's clever if that's the case and means parts will continue to be available

James

New models from a german site:-

• VW Space up! (2013) • VW Touran II (2013) • VW Touran II Family (2013) • VW New Microbus (2014) • VW Sharan III (2016) • VW Sharan Family (2016) • VW T6 kurz (2015) • VW T6 lang (2015)

Alot of websites in Germany saying the T6 will look like this, but just rumours.

image.jpg

JockMacMad said:
New models from a german site:-

• VW Space up! (2013) • VW Touran II (2013) • VW Touran II Family (2013) • VW New Microbus (2014) • VW Sharan III (2016) • VW Sharan Family (2016) • VW T6 kurz (2015) • VW T6 lang (2015)

But the Microbus hints at my thoughts that they really looking at something retro to capitalise on the past.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vw+mi ... 1280%3B782

Feature

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/20 ... us-feature

Microbus is a very interesting terms, it was a US model that goes back to the T2, in fact the Multivans and the Beach are the descendants. T2 Microbus' had seats that folded flat to create a bed.

Very popular in the US, it's no surprise this could be the very model that VW wants to import back to the US. There's a massive Veedub market in the US and this would tap into that both in name and looks.

I wonder if that will be the future base for any Cali or Beach and not the T6???

James

I misunderstood the german webpage - I thought it meant the skoda was going to be a shared design with the t6.
If it's going to be a t5 then I reckon I'd much prefer that over the t6, if those photos are what it will look like then I won't be buying one as it looks hideous. And smaller than the t5.
Would be interested to see skoda's pricing structure.

Hi all,

I'm not even sure now, at first I thought skoda was going to make a cheaper multivan t6 but VAG made the A4 live on by shipping the tools to Seat and made the Exeo ST.
So why not do it with the T5 tools and Skoda!

//Mart

It looks like a rebadged T5 - if that's the T6 - and VW are building a new Van, what's that going to be called or is T6 a guess as a name.

The van in the picture looks like a European Multivan so maybe Skoda aren't going to build any commercial versions as such and stick to people movers. These vehicles sell well on the continent, Renault do a version of the Traffic which doesn't come to the UK that is an equivalent to a Velle

I can't see VAG selling two commercial vehicles in their range unless the Skoda version is cheaper however using older tech and selling Multivan versions of the current T5 with a Skoda badge and face would make sense

If you think about the current Caravelle/Shuttle/Multivan is not that poor - and the space it gives is amazing, imagine that at a lower price.

VW vans tend to be more future proof than rivals (particular in terms of equipment) so this could be a good buy.

From the site...

A minibus à la T5 would fit well above the Yeti and Roomster in Skoda's model range. But VW is playing with here?
2015 brings the VW T5 successors in the market - then comes a Skoda version of the minibus? It should in any case a good fit to the portfolio. That a Skoda T6 would be manufactured in Germany, but is unlikely. Rather would the entire production to the Czech Republic. That might fit: The new T6 is expected to reduce costs, since VW does not deserve especially at the basic models of T5 enough. A Skoda bus would have cost in the meantime Multivan equipment under 30,000 euros - then new buyers could win.

Then again you could read that and take it this is the new T6 lol

James

Seat has continued to built old Audis but they are always slow sellers.
That van looks pretty good IMO.

Back