Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach no longer? (France)

My guess would be that this is probably related to the French taxation situation.
Private cars (PV) with CO2 over 190gm/km get a €6500 penalty when registered & an annual tax of €160.
Above 200gm/km the penalty is €8000.
The Beach is considered as PV so is subject to those charges.

The regular Cali (Comfortline or SE) is not a PV but a VASP (special vehicle) thanks to cooking facilities etc.
VASP are not subjected to any of the CO2 penalties & don't pay annual road tax.

So the case for the Beach as a cheap Cali collapses.

Instead, we now seem to have the Cali "Trendline" which includes the cooker etc to be a VASP but economises on the electric roof, stationary heating etc to come out €6000 cheaper than a Comfortline.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8617

Too bad if you wanted a Beach for the extra capacity, but otherwise it makes sense.

2CV67 said:
My guess would be that this is probably related to the French taxation situation.
Private cars (PV) with CO2 over 190gm/km get a €6500 penalty when registered & an annual tax of €160.
Above 200gm/km the penalty is €8000.
The Beach is considered as PV so is subject to those charges.

The regular Cali (Comfortline or SE) is not a PV but a VASP (special vehicle) thanks to cooking facilities etc.
VASP are not subjected to any of the CO2 penalties & don't pay annual road tax.

So the case for the Beach as a cheap Cali collapses.

Instead, we now seem to have the Cali "Trendline" which includes the cooker etc to be a VASP but economises on the electric roof, stationary heating etc to come out €6000 cheaper than a Comfortline.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8617

Too bad if you wanted a Beach for the extra capacity, but otherwise it makes sense.

I do not think it is the case. VW Utilitaires found a work around for this: They have had been officially offering the removable Beach kitchen unit for 2500 Euros (if I remember the price correctly) and registering Beach as VASP. No CO2 tax as a result. Additional 2500 spent, but not for nothing.

Back