Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Slidepod for Beach - offers

Martin Dorey

Martin Dorey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello. Just wondering if anyone might be in the market for my Slidepod, which I have had since 2016. It's amazing, designed specially for the Beach for me by Jonny at Slidepods. I have been really pleased with it. It has:

Double burner
Sink
Shower fitting
USB and 12v fitting
Cutlery roll
Fresh tank
Waste tank
In grey oak (the same finish as VW make their units in the SE)
Spare pull out boot box (fits in place of the kitchen and acts as simple slide out storage)

However, I now need to trot around England in the winter and need to think about cooking inside. I will be very sad to say goodbye to my Beach, but needs must. So wondering if anyone would be interested.
Currently retails at around £1800 new but looking for offers.

20170423_084525.jpg 20170606_215607.jpg 20170607_081647.jpg
20170423_084525.jpg 20170606_215607.jpg 20170423_084525.jpg

I am sure you will have no problem selling that on here, what are you replacing your Beach with?

Hi Martin I can't message you direct may be because you don't have VIP membership (also you can't post in classifieds without this). I'm interested in the pod. Whereabouts in the country are you?

Hi Martin I can't message you direct may be because you don't have VIP membership (also you can't post in classifieds without this). I'm interested in the pod. Whereabouts in the country are you?
Hello. I am in Bude in Cornwall now. Just down the M5!!!!

I am sure you will have no problem selling that on here, what are you replacing your Beach with?
Hello. Not sure yet. Probably a LWB something with shower and loo plus heating for winter camping and tanks for wild camping. The beach is lovely but only really practical for summer on sites.

Hello. Not sure yet. Probably a LWB something with shower and loo plus heating for winter camping and tanks for wild camping. The beach is lovely but only really practical for summer on sites.
Heresey - and I don't own a Beach, but I understand .:thumb

Heresey - and I don't own a Beach, but I understand .:thumb
yes I know! But to be able to cosy up when it's p***ing down without the prospect of having to go outside with a trowel will be a luxury beyond...

Sounds like you need a proper campervan something like a Sprinter or Transit conversion, with all the amenities.
Often dream of that myself:cool:

Hello. I am in Bude in Cornwall now. Just down the M5!!!!
Have you not got your bay anymore then?
I used to see you in it on the link road sometimes when I nipped to my mother in law's at Fairy Cross.
Enjoyed that series you did, we've still got your cookbook somewhere, we tried a few of your dishes in our Cali!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just a quick subnote to this thread.....
The Slidepod @Martin Dorey is selling hear would probably command a price of closer to £3000 new today

Hi, How much did it cost originally? Does it make a difference if it is a 2 or 3 seater Beach?

It does make a difference. A 2 seat requires a different casing which we could supply as a stand alone item.

Have you not got your bay anymore then?
I used to see you in it on the link road sometimes when I nipped to my mother in law's at Fairy Cross.
Enjoyed that series you did, we've still got your cookbook somewhere, we tried a few of your dishes in our Cali!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks... the old Bay has gone to a new home. Now I live in Bude the weather was killing it. Plus I needed to get about a bit more quickly!!!

Have you still got the slidepod?
Regards