Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door lock and table issue

B

beachbrewer

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have a 2012 Beach and have an issue with the sliding door lock. For some time, we've not been able to open the door from the inside (have checked child lock settings etc). Auto electrician said I needed to replace the door latch that is in the door (I think) rather than the one on the door post, but I can't remember the name of the part - he suggested I sourced it online as it would be cheaper than him getting it. So - first question is, does anyone know the right name for that part and where I could source it? Secondly, after he had the van, I could no longer release the table from the door - the latch won't budge. Is the table latch linked to the door lock, such that the table can only be release when the door is closed (for safety)? Or is the table latch just mechanical and not electrical, and if so any clever tricks on how to release the table latch?

I had the problem with the door not opening from the inside in hot weather. Opened OK from outside and not the child lock. My van went into a local garage for a service, they greased all the doors and it has worked OK since. Do not know where greased.

The table latch is not linked to the door lock. You need to be firmer with it. Push the table in a bit at the same time as lifting the latch. As for the door lock you will need to take off the door card and have a look inside to see if any linkages or rods have become detached

Back