Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table in Sliding Door Stuck

John

John

VIP Member
:( Our Camping table with adjustable legs in the sliding door is stuck in the door and cannot be removed. Our Cali is pre face-lift so has the old release handle and mechanism.

Any ideas?

Original post freeley

Ours gets stuck occasionally - i find hitting it a few times and pushing the table in towards the sliding door usually works.

I thought i read somewhere that there's a cable in behind there - maybe this has broken if that's the case.

Cali one bruised hand nil :( no it did not work.

However, I did get the table off by pushing up the black plastic release handle then levering the middle of the metal latch up with a large flat head screwdriver. :D

The table rest on two bits of L shaped black rubber glued on the bottom and side of the channel that the table rest in. One of these had become detached from the side and folded over so was slightly propping up that end of the table. This jammed the table in the door as the release latch (much like a latch on a door) was unable to get high enough to release the catch at the top of the table from the sliding door.

Bit of super glue fixed the L shaped rubber back to the side of the bottom channel. And some WD40 oil freed up the latch. So it all working OK now. Although you do have to make sure you squeeze the black plastic release handle in the center to fully move up the latch to release the table.

Original post freeley

Yeah i think ours will get stuck one day, the latch is a bit of a weak link in the cali design i think.
Glad you got it sorted.