Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door outer handle

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My sliding door handle has become loose, think a spring of some sort has gone, anyone know how the upper inner door skin (just below window) comes off so I can have a look.

You use a trim tool to lever off the panel. The attached might assist.

Attachments

• General_body_repairs__exterior_door handle.pdf
    359.4 KB · Views: 62
  • General_body_repairs__interior_sliding-door-panel.pdf
    244.9 KB · Views: 48
You use a trim tool to lever off the panel. The attached might assist.

Thank you, managed to get the trim off but could not see anything loose, will let VW have a look at it so they can order the correct parts.

Thank you, managed to get the trim off but could not see anything loose, will let VW have a look at it so they can order the correct parts.
Had it happen on our T6. Got it fixed under warranty in Spain. It was a while-you-wait fix so not too long.

what exactly is it they tighten up ? mines loose too but can live with it

I have the same problem on my T6 - worried it comes away completely? How easy is it to get the trim off and tighten up - Van no longer under warranty unfortunately

I have the same problem on my T6 - worried it comes away completely? How easy is it to get the trim off and tighten up - Van no longer under warranty unfortunately
Sorry can't help with that, I got VW to fix it.

Hi
I have also had this problem and have spent most of the morning removing the trim.
There were many more clips than I expected, see photo. I have the set of trim removal tools but they are far too short for the inside clips so I used a couple of lengths of wood to get to the inside ones.
Problem now is how to access the part of the lock mechanism that has the spring. I've taken a photo of the part I need access to. I am not sure how to remove the section and I wondered if anyone else has tackled this issue and perhaps have some photos and guidance.
I have removed the handle with ease so it is the inside mechanism that needs sorting.
Many thanks for your help.

20221004_130917.jpg

20221004_155339.jpg

20221004_155350.jpg

VW have told me that they can supply this part (No 1 on photo) at a cost of £45
I don't mind buying this but am not sure that I will be able to fit it without some diagram.
Appreciate any help.20221004_171406[1].jpg

Back