Sliding Door Table and passengers

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I gave my family a lift recently to a meal and my Dad exiting the vehicle at night, pulled the table release instead of the door release. In the dark its somewhat difficult to tell where it is.

Suffice to say the table dropped down onto the ground between the sliding door and the step. No damage thankfully.

Lesson learnt, I now brief new passengers on where the actual handle is to prevent table damage. ;) Thought it was worth sharing as I hadn't considered it.

Reminds me of the time Mrs snowys aged aunt decided to open the sliding window ( same as on a Cali) when she was a passenger in the back seat of our T5 Kombi and opened the sliding door instead.
We were travelling at 70mph at the time on the A1 near Newark, I could hardly hear the screams from the back for my laughter.
Lesson here is that the door opening and window opening aren't obvious to non regular users.

Ouch that is funny.
For that reason my doors lock at 5 mph unlock by pressing the button on the drivers door or when the key is pulled.

Wow that sounds pretty scary! I bet that was refreshing in the back though!

For some reason in 2015 they disabled the auto lock function and now they don't auto lock. :(

Back