Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding rear cupboard doors - upgraded?

paul-thompson

paul-thompson

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi

I have a t6 California. Getting fed up with getting the rear silver cupboard doors repaired / replaced.

has anyone ever replaced the rear sliding cupboard doors with a better option or retrofitted alternatives?

thank you

Had mine replaced under warranty and are now broken again, despite me being very gentle with them. I’d welcome an alternative - I tried sticking duct tape to the back of the door, but it wouldn’t slide with that.

This happened on my first van but I've used silicon spray in channels since (as well as all window, cupboard channels plus very sparingly in blind channels) and no probs in 4 years, worth a try.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah, I tried the silicone spray too. Door slid easily but still fell apart after a year.

Hi

I have a t6 California. Getting fed up with getting the rear silver cupboard doors repaired / replaced.

has anyone ever replaced the rear sliding cupboard doors with a better option or retrofitted alternatives?

thank you
The T6.1 obviously comes with the solid sliding door, I would expect they would be available from VW soon as a spare part, might be ready for when it does your nut in again.

The T6.1 obviously comes with the solid sliding door, I would expect they would be available from VW soon as a spare part, might be ready for when it does your nut in again.
Has anyone tried to retrofit T6.1 rear cupboard doors to a T6

Has anyone tried to retrofit T6.1 rear cupboard doors to a T6
The whole cupboard that the doors are fitted to is slightly different. You would need to replace the whole unit.

Would this be covered under the 5 year warrantee, anyone had trouble in getting them to sort, as mines just disintegrated

I'm interested in this. Well, in all these things. First, we just bought an Ocean from 2019. Would this 5-year warranty still apply if the van has changed hands? Second, I have already noticed that the sliding doors are extremely weak. We are very careful with things, but I see that they break anyway, so interested if people have managed to replace this with something else that is more robust. Third, I landed here because I wanted to know if people put some oil, the sewing machine type, silicone spray, or something else, so the sliding doors actually slide nicely. I see that you guys go for the silicone spray, so will try that. Thanks

Warrantee is still valid if changed hands as mine was and also have had both doors replaced as they fell apart as the tape holding them together starts to loose it’s adhesiveness, poor design, and was no hassle to get replaced.

Back