Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding slippery cookware

D

DonOregano

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I recently bought a set of Tefal Ingenio saucepans and frying pans. I really like them except for the fact that they tend to want to slide off the stove even when I've parked really flat. Annoying as heck! Any ideas of how to make then less crazily slippery-slidey? We'll, apart from attacking them with sand paper, of course.

we have tefal saucepans and ours slip all the time
seem ok until warm then off they go
glad its not just us
may have to change to cheap metal ones
could be a idea to file grooves in the base
I will try the small little used one

That was one of the reasons we went for Brunner pans in the end, as they have the grooves to stop them sliding. Sounds very frustrating.

Could you use pot restraints like those used on boats?

I've googled for that, but being a landlubber I don't know what to look for... help?

Have only used mine for cooking over fire, on top of my kellie kettle or in my Cobb oven/grill so far.

At home I have the Ingenio induction pans. The bottoms are really sturdy and have grooves in but they’re heavier and a bit bulkier.

Same issue with ingenio Super frustrating losing two pan loads of food into the long grass. Swore very loudly across campsite was really f&£”d off

@MattBW - which Brunner pans do you have pls? And where did you get them from? Are they compatible with ingenio handles?

Thanks

We’ve used them a lot. I cannot remember slipping or sliding ever being a problem.

Having a Beach we create our own kitchen area outside. Could the problem be with the cooker not the utensils?

We’ve used them a lot. I cannot remember slipping or sliding ever being a problem.

Having a Beach we create our own kitchen area outside. Could the problem be with the cooker not the utensils?

Similar issue on multiple cookers.

Also I mostly do one nighters so minimal set up often with small folding stove on ground. My kettle has never fallen off. Just the f@&)ing tefal!!!!!

Last edited:
I had the same problem with Tefal Ingenio.

What I didn’t realise at time of purchase was that there were several sub-types in the range. My pans had a smooth black and silver base and would slide far too easily. They were very poor.

I junked these and replaced them with another type that had a much thicker, solid base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with Tefal Ingenio.

What I didn’t realise at time of purchase was that there were several sub-types in the range. My pans had a smooth black and silver base and would slide far too easily. They were very poor.

I junked these and replaced them with another type that had a much thicker, solid base.

Thanks that’s a great point will check out the others. Otherwise ingenio are great pans compared with standard camping ⛺️ cookware which is always too thin and burns the food.

Is the picture below what you used to have?

image.jpg

Check this thread for pictures.

Thanks that’s a great point will check out the others. Otherwise ingenio are great pans compared with standard camping ⛺ cookware which is always too thin and burns the food.

That’s what we have. The black and orange area feels slippery, the silver ring sticky.

Our cooker has wind guards on three sides. Perhaps I subconsciously set it up so pans slide to the back.

Induction base will be much sturdier!
We had the same issue with standard tefal pans and then used our Jamie Oliver induction based pans which sat solid

I’m away at the mo, but will post a pic of my induction ingenios when I get home. I cook over fire a lot so want a smooth bottom (oooh-er Mrs) so it’s easier to clean the soot off. So I use the smooth bottom ones when camping and the inductions at home on my normal gas hob.

Obviously the induction pans are more expensive, unless on offer.

Same issue with ingenio Super frustrating losing two pan loads of food into the long grass. Swore very loudly across campsite was really f&£”d off

@MattBW - which Brunner pans do you have pls? And where did you get them from? Are they compatible with ingenio handles?

Thanks
I can't remember where I got mine I am afraid but they are readily available. It was between the tefal pans, and the Brunner and I read lots of reviews. Tefal ones sometimes lose their coating and brunner all pack inside themselves, so I went with Brunner.

I went for a Brunner Tangerine 9+1 set and to be honest, its way too many pans haha but it has everything I could ever need and more. Far more than we need but something for every occasion. I think if I bought them again I would get a smaller set. If I bought again I wouldnt get a white internal coating set. The frying pan (sold separately and not recommended) got discoloured on my nestpod review as the burners were too harsh.

Happy to show you, or I could probably sort out a few photos at some point if you are interested. This is a smaller set that is available. The colours change each season.

Cocolate-sauce-pan-set.jpg

Rotary sander on drill attachment 24 grit has nicely roughened the pan base.

Would say a bit of an improvement - not quite so slippery now

so have done the same to my other Tefal pansD9F42D12-99D0-4CF7-931F-F315469672A7.jpeg

Back