Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding window not closing properly

My experience is that if it starts off badly it’s unlikely to improve. Do yourself a favour and take it somewhere else and start the diagnostic process again.
This dealership has a good reputation on the forum. In fairness, they have done several other warranty items and it's been a great experience. I know everyone is under pressure to get the job done quickly and I guess they were a little careless this time or just rushed it. I think I got unlucky this time. However I now have some quite deep scratches that are clearly due to them trying to leverage something under the window, most likely a screwdriver looking at the damage. Please take more care of our 60k homes on wheels VW! You know how precious they are to us and you KNOW we will talk on here!

This dealership has a good reputation on the forum. In fairness, they have done several other warranty items and it's been a great experience. I know everyone is under pressure to get the job done quickly and I guess they were a little careless this time or just rushed it. I think I got unlucky this time. However I now have some quite deep scratches that are clearly due to them trying to leverage something under the window, most likely a screwdriver looking at the damage. Please take more care of our 60k homes on wheels VW! You know how precious they are to us and you KNOW we will talk on here!
Hi @Darryl please can you add pictures of the damage and fingerprints so I can take this up with the appropriate people if your not comfortable posting them here then please pm me. If you would like to bring your vehicle down to Poole we can look at it for you if it’s a full replacement I would always suggest we need the vehicle for two days to carry out the diag and get our expert window fitter in.

With warranty work, if it’s not straightforward, and they have not done it before, then they learn how to rectify it on your vehicle. It sounds like your vehicle may be their guinea pig for a recent California side window replacement.

They used a screw driver to pry your window and you are going back?

Hi @Darryl please can you add pictures of the damage and fingerprints so I can take this up with the appropriate people if your not comfortable posting them here then please pm me. If you would like to bring your vehicle down to Poole we can look at it for you if it’s a full replacement I would always suggest we need the vehicle for two days to carry out the diag and get our expert window fitter in.
PMed you

Our sliding window on the door side was really hard to close fully (the catch would not click in fully) I could get it to work the other half could not. Decided to spray the runners and catch with silicon spray no further issues.

Back