Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slim Drawer under bed seat Ocean

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My SE had an option where you get a sliding storage net in the roof opening and a slim line drawer under the bench seat next to the kitchen unit.
I can't see the option in the configurator I've tried searching on here and I saw a comment saying the extra drawer became standard on MY18 can anyone confirm?
Not bothered about the net I was too tall for it when I sat in the captain seats it touched my head.. but the drawer was very useful and my wife loved it.

Thanks in advance

We ordered it as an extra on our MY17 Ocean. You have to specify storage net in the configurator- you get the drawer even though it’s not mentioned. It’s a useful drawer but ours rattles a lot (been replaced once)- it’s ok if it’s got stuff in it, but really annoying if left empty

We ordered it as an extra on our MY17 Ocean. You have to specify storage net in the configurator- you get the drawer even though it’s not mentioned. It’s a useful drawer but ours rattles a lot (been replaced once)- it’s ok if it’s got stuff in it, but really annoying if left empty

Thank you for the reply but its the MY18 i'm interested in knowing about. I heard they changed the runner on the drawer setup which has caused some of the rattling which is why I was wondering if they have done away with it on the configurator.

Yes- The problem with mine is it’s hung from a single rail on one side, rather than a pair one each side. I’ve no knowledge of the MY18

Our MY 18 didn’t come with the drawer. Maybe because it came with a compressor and goo instead of a spare wheel, the kit being strapped where the drawer would have been. (But the kit could have gone in the drawer!)

When i ordered my MY18 in last year for DEC 17....that option had been discontinued.

However the parts are available from TPS....and there's a very good guide to fitting the drawer yourself on this very forum.

Our MY 18 didn’t come with the drawer. Maybe because it came with a compressor and goo instead of a spare wheel, the kit being strapped where the drawer would have been. (But the kit could have gone in the drawer!)

I've been to have a look at the van and its was exactly as you said, no spare and the kit wrapped to the side.. well at least i'll have no more spare wheels being stolen!

I've been to have a look at the van and its was exactly as you said, no spare and the kit wrapped to the side.. well at least i'll have no more spare wheels being stolen!
First thing I did was remove the kit and stored it elsewhere, that space is where we store our wedge!

Oh - and I bought a spare wheel and carrier. Van came on 18" wheels but the 17" are the same OD and will get us out of a fix.

Back