Snow hols

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
im looking to head to France either Pyrenees or the Alps in Jan for a snow hols, just looking for any campsites near slopes. I was recommended sameons a couple of years back (off this forum) which is near chamonix and have been there a few times. It is an amazing place loved it even in the summer. So any suggestions please, would prefer Pyrenees as want to pop over to Spain and see a friend too. The site needs to be dog friendly as I always take my mad collie :)
Thanks

I would recommend http://www.oustalet.com/
It's the Porte Du Soleil circuit (12 resorts / 650 km of piste). The Campsite is in Chatel, The ski bus stops outside the door and it's then just 5 mins to the main lifts. Ski room, drying room, heated shower toilet blocks, wifi, swimming pool it's great.

Hi

I've just had a look at there website and couldn't see if they are an acsi member as there prices seems a bit steep nearly €30 a night with hook up and a dog, I stand in the same region in sameons for €16

im looking to head to France either Pyrenees or the Alps in Jan for a snow hols, just looking for any campsites near slopes. I was recommended sameons a couple of years back (off this forum) which is near chamonix and have been there a few times. It is an amazing place loved it even in the summer. So any suggestions please, would prefer Pyrenees as want to pop over to Spain and see a friend too. The site needs to be dog friendly as I always take my mad collie :)
Thanks
We ski these days in Andorra due to having a home south of Valencia. We stay in a friend's apt in El Tarter and I have noted the number of mobile homes in the ski lift car park. And best of all, you would be in crawling distinct of L'Abarset bar/pub. X

I have thought about Andorra have never been and have been told it is pretty cheap but there's not a great deal of runs and the slopes can get pretty packed, is that the case?

I have thought about Andorra have never been and have been told it is pretty cheap but there's not a great deal of runs and the slopes can get pretty packed, is that the case?
It depends upon your skiing level. I skied the Alps during my regular younger years and have the knees now to prove it. Regret nothing, had the time of my life to know I could ski most every run. Fast forward to 63yrs of age and although I still lI've skiing, well... We always sneered at the Pyrenees which points to "I are dumb" because although they are tame in comparison let's say to Verbier, they still have a lot to offer. Much more affordable, more sunshine and if you are an aged skier like me, well... Tax Free - hey that's a good point. Watch the usage of your mobile as it will cost. El Pas de la Casa is the highest point. It just really depends on your level of skiing and what you demand of your ski holiday. I would so love to ski again on Austria and would never pass that chance up and to hell with aged knees!

Hi
I do fancy a change of scene, I'm a boarder not amazing so it's more to do with I hate the queues (would go out of season though).
One of my fav places is val d isere but wouldn't camper up that high in the Cali.
I want to be able to walk within 5-10mims to a few bars and be able to do a bit of hiking with my dog as he's not great at boarding! :)
I've stayed in Samoens on a campsite a few times and loved that.

Hi
I do fancy a change of scene, I'm a boarder not amazing so it's more to do with I hate the queues (would go out of season though).
One of my fav places is val d isere but wouldn't camper up that high in the Cali.
I want to be able to walk within 5-10mims to a few bars and be able to do a bit of hiking with my dog as he's not great at boarding! :)
I've stayed in Samoens on a campsite a few times and loved that.
I found in Google Play the app: Archies It can be downloaded on your smartphone and it shows the location of campsites all over England and Europe. Being a newbie to campervanning, and downloading - and paying for - many camping apps, ie, ASCI (useless) - I have used Archie's app all the time. It gives pops up the location and search mag glass, pinch on that and the site's website pops up. Most excellent. I looked and there are two campsites in Canillo, just down from El Tarter. I didn't go on the websites to see any particulars though. You could also look on Airbnb. Our first time on Andorra we stayed in someone's flat in Canillo, right by the lifts. We were able to bring one small dog. Xx