Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

soaking wet between the 2 front seats

Mama Mama

Mama Mama

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have a vw cali 2007 recently bought and have notice the carpet is saturated between the 2 front seats. Any ideas please?

I had a leak from the pipe at the bottom of the waste water tank and that caused the carpet to be soaking wet between the seats.

We had a similair problem in our T4 once and that turned out to be a clogged tube/hose in the airconditioning system. Fixed easily in a few minutes by VW by flushing it. But as you own a T5, it's probably not the same problem. I think Hotel California is trying to point you to the search, hoping that older threads might be of help. ;-)

We had a similair problem in our T4 once and that turned out to be a clogged tube/hose in the airconditioning system. Fixed easily in a few minutes by VW by flushing it. But as you own a T5, it's probably not the same problem. I think Hotel California is trying to point you to the search, hoping that older threads might be of help. ;-)
It can be. The T5 has a similar system.

There are also drains in the roof, if you open the poptop, the drainage holes can get blocked with leaves etc. Gently clean them out and don't use anything sharp.

I have a vw cali 2007 recently bought and have notice the carpet is saturated between the 2 front seats. Any ideas please?
I had the same problem on my T6. The garage in Exeter told me it was a pipe which goes from the roof opening down to the the wheel arch area where it exits. They told me it passes down the inside of the vehicle and is in two sections. For some reason it had become disconnected. Taking the carpets out is a nightmare but necessary because it's the only way to dry them. Important to get the leak sorted because the water may run back into the wood floor in the rear.

I had the same problem on my T6. The garage in Exeter told me it was a pipe which goes from the roof opening down to the the wheel arch area where it exits. They told me it passes down the inside of the vehicle and is in two sections. For some reason it had become disconnected. Taking the carpets out is a nightmare but necessary because it's the only way to dry them. Important to get the leak sorted because the water may run back into the wood floor in the rear.
Wood floor? Are they saying there's wood underneath the flooring?

That's what I was told .....in the rear area behind the front seats. But you here so much rubbish talked even from garages so who knows what to believe.

I had similar problem with my 2012 T5.1 Beach. It was indeed blocked drain hose under bonnet from air-conditioning, cleared free of charge on the spot by Citygate Commercial in Colindale. Many thanks to them, excellent service. I just removed the rubber mats and my carpets dried out OK.

I had this problem and the roof drains had been fitted the wrong way round so they were draining into the van.

Yes, we had the same problem in our 2 month old brand new 2018 Cali. The drains were fitted the wrong way round. The dealer/garage took everything apart and fixed it under warranty. But made a rattle in the steering column which then needed to be fixed....

Back