Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soft close side door help

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,
I know this has been talked about in multiple posts, side door not closing fully- getting to a certain point and reverting back to the starting point.
As an issue that arises regularly, I'm hoping somebody can recommend a garage in the North West (UK) that can fix. Our local vw van centre in Manchester has provided poor service on 4 occasions for separate issues, therefore looking for alternatives.
*van is 2017 T6 out of warranty.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hi,
I know this has been talked about in multiple posts, side door not closing fully- getting to a certain point and reverting back to the starting point.
As an issue that arises regularly, I'm hoping somebody can recommend a garage in the North West (UK) that can fix. Our local vw van centre in Manchester has provided poor service on 4 occasions for separate issues, therefore looking for alternatives.
*van is 2017 T6 out of warranty.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
This happens on ours a bit. I usually think it means the channel at the bottom is dirty, making the door think there is an obstruction. I usually just gently try and clean it out usually using our brush from dustpan. That channel below the door gets very dusty and sandy.

Last edited: