Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soft floor between front seats?

Japracer
I have purchased a roll of ribbed rubber mat from Screwfix that is easily cut to achieve a snug fit
RR 010010C GENERAL PURPOSE RIBBED MATTING BLACK 2500MM X 915MM

Japracer
I have purchased a roll of ribbed rubber mat from Screwfix that is easily cut to achieve a snug fit
RR 010010C GENERAL PURPOSE RIBBED MATTING BLACK 2500MM X 915MM
i put some ribbed rubber matting on the carpet in the front - it stained the grey carpet with a green tinge -

Just use it and clean it. Do you have mats and rubber flooring on the carpets at home?

I think it might be the soft, “squidgy” feeling when you stand there that people don’t like, WG, not that it gets dirty.

We have a really useful box there too and it is “really useful” - to store stuff in, like books, knitting, etc, and as a step to the dog to get up to his bed on the passenger side (UK) that stays facing forward. I glued a piece of carpet to the lid as it was a bit slippy for the dog. You can see it in the photo.

View attachment 51682
Love that box idea!
But my retriever insists on lying there while driving!
Turning her head from side to side as we negotiate roundabouts :)

I've slide a small chopping board under the carpet mat in this area for exactly the same reason. Not only does it firm that area up it's a perfect spot for a backup chopping board ! Haha

We have a really useful box there too and it is “really useful” - to store stuff in, like books, knitting, etc, and as a step to the dog to get up to his bed on the passenger side (UK) that stays facing forward. I glued a piece of carpet to the lid as it was a bit slippy for the dog. You can see it in the photo.

View attachment 51682
Apologies for resurrecting this thread which I am pleased to have stumbled upon. Not only am I now relaxed about the soft bit of floor, but I am intrigued by this brilliant space saving idea.
How is it held in place, and what is the backing board?

Apologies for resurrecting this thread which I am pleased to have stumbled upon. Not only am I now relaxed about the soft bit of floor, but I am intrigued by this brilliant space saving idea.
How is it held in place, and what is the backing board?
Nothing holds it in place apart from it being quite a snug fit between passenger chair and handbrake. I like it easy to move as it gets slid towards the cab when we use the ladder to get up top. If you wanted it secure perhaps very strong velco would do it at the sides.
Don’t know what you mean by the backing board, Kev.!

Ah, it’s the large kitchen gadget holder in the picture that intrigues me rather than the box :).
Having said that, the box does look nice and snug too.
Coincidentally I have literally today fitted the exact same rugs too.

View attachment 51682
OMG! The extra rattles! ;-)

Nothing holds it in place apart from it being quite a snug fit between passenger chair and handbrake. I like it easy to move as it gets slid towards the cab when we use the ladder to get up top. If you wanted it secure perhaps very strong velco would do it at the sides.
Don’t know what you mean by the backing board, Kev.!
By backing board do you mean the pegboard on the back of the passenger seat? If so here’s a whole post I wrote on it. Hope the message number link works.

update: it didn’t. Here’s a link https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/this-week-ive-bought-________-for-my-cali.17067/page-27#post-343942

Back