Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hello all.
Maybe an odd query!
We have a T6 Ocean and loving it. I'm getting concerned about the softer floor between the 2 front seats (behind the the handbrake). Does anyone else have this? It really feels like me that the floor could give way easily...

It's the same on a t5. But has never caused a problem .

Thanks. I'm finding it really disconcerting but wasn't sure if it was 'normal' or not.

It gives me that sinking feeling...:headbang

We have been thinking about this. The T7 should change the spongy floor to a trampoline so the children can get up to the roof bed!

There is a thick foam like pad with wiring channels in it for wiring looms between the electric/electronic components under the 2 front seats., under the carpet. Normal.

So is it ok to walk on this bit or should I avoid doing so? It just seems to make more sense to move from the driver seat to the back (to make tea or whatever) this way than to get out of the driving seat and into the living space through the sliding door!
Would it be better if I placed a bit of hardboard or similar under the carpet?

So is it ok to walk on this bit or should I avoid doing so? It just seems to make more sense to move from the driver seat to the back (to make tea or whatever) this way than to get out of the driving seat and into the living space through the sliding door!
Would it be better if I placed a bit of hardboard or similar under the carpet?
No, it is perfectly OK to stand there. It is a thick foam/fibre pad with channels on the underside that fits over a wiring loom that goes between the bases of the 2 front seats.

Thanks folks!

Is it okay to stand on the carpeted area next to the handbrake, ie when transitioning from driver seat to the back (& vice versa)?

My floor is very squidgy, so not sure if it’s strong enough.

Apologies if covered on another thread, I did search first!

AEE0E1E2-1F6F-4558-A04C-F689778CA311.jpeg

Totally.

I do it all the time many times a day when camping.

It feels a little squidgey, there is a soft part that think protects something underneath but nothing to be worried about.

good to know ...we were wondering what this 'squidgy' floor was !

Is there a rubber mat available for that area?
Bit off topic but trying to keep the light carpet clean

Is there a rubber mat available for that area?
Bit off topic but trying to keep the light carpet clean
We have a "really useful" box in that location. It's also the right height so that you can still swivel the seats.

Last edited:
Thin washable mats from Costco. Make a paper template from thick paper, then cut to shape. Two in the back which stop dirt getting into the runners. Easy to to move when sliding the bed forward, then just go in front of a Porta Potty between the bed and front seats.Excellent. Cheap and effective flooring thats easy to keep clean.20191015_115105.jpg20191015_115133.jpg20191015_115312.jpg

Brandrup carpet fills that gap perfectly. Expensive but fits well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a "really useful" box in that location. It's also the right height so that you can still swivel the seats.
We have a really useful box there too and it is “really useful” - to store stuff in, like books, knitting, etc, and as a step to the dog to get up to his bed on the passenger side (UK) that stays facing forward. I glued a piece of carpet to the lid as it was a bit slippy for the dog. You can see it in the photo.

598E0C10-3356-48A2-BF0A-B0C75D053920.jpeg

Back