Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Software Update

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Sat in Citygate Woodburn Green whilst Cali gets a software update. Last Friday I couldn't turn heating down or get any cold air out of Climatic air con. After being turned off for a few hours it seemed to have sorted itself, but I decided to carry on and get it looked at anyway.

Apparently software update is not part of normal servicing and only done if there is a fault. I'll ask what else is updated.

Andy

I had the same heater issue 6 months ago and turning th ignition off and on again sorted it. Not happened again so thought it was just a gremlin.
Are you saying VW know about this issue and there is an update?

Certainly a software update available for it. Paul explained that problem can be hot air or cold air being pushed out by aircon, you just can't change the settings, i.e. even on minimum setting mine was pumping out hot air via facial vents. It did seem to reset itself when switched off for a few hours.

They only updated the software for the aircon, I suppose 'if it ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing'. Although I was wondering what other software updates there are out there waiting for us to have a problem to fix :sad .

Andy

Goldie

You didn't see a Blackberry Coloured Beach by any chance.... Mines there collecting on 10th Jan... Glad update went well...

Shaun

bournemouthbeach said:
Goldie

You didn't see a Blackberry Coloured Beach by any chance.... Mines there collecting on 10th Jan... Glad update went well...

Shaun

No they must have it hidden away, a couple of Blue Beachs in the showroom and a Yellow one outside along with a customer SE 180 that had broken down and recovered there :sad now fixed :D. I think it was Ollie?

Andy

Wow
Cheers Goldie. This happened to me and my wife about 5 weeks ago. We were driving down to Milton Keynes and the front vents would only push out warm air. We tried turning all the vents to cold and putting on the A/C but still it was blowing warm.
We ended up turning all the vents off and blowing cold from the rear heater to stay cool.
Hasn't done it since so didn't think much of it.

Might phone my local dealer and see if they know of an update.

:thumb

soulstyledevon said:
Wow
Cheers Goldie. This happened to me and my wife about 5 weeks ago. We were driving down to Milton Keynes and the front vents would only push out warm air. We tried turning all the vents to cold and putting on the A/C but still it was blowing warm.
We ended up turning all the vents off and blowing cold from the rear heater to stay cool.
Hasn't done it since so didn't think much of it.

Might phone my local dealer and see if they know of an update.

:thumb
That's exactly what happened to me and I called Citygate whilst it was happening. As it seemed okay after I was going to cancel the booking, but Paul at Citygate mentioned the software update for it.

That's 3 of us on here who have had the problem.

Andy

Similar thing happened to me. I had a problem with the engine management light coming on on the M5 during the summer. Called in at Marshals VW where they performed a software update which cured the problem. As they handed over the vehicle they said the diagnostic had also shown up a fault with one of the heater flaps and they had also carried out a software update to cure this problem. Is this a standard problem beginning to show itself?

I had the following faults on my van which were fixed by the s/w update done during the service as I'd mentioned the problem. Not re-ocurred :)

3 Faults Found:
9473905 - Motor for Temperature Flap
B108F 71 [008] - Actuator stuck
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 93
Mileage: 36389 km
Date: 2011.14.22
Time: 10:40:03

9474161 - Motor for Defroster Flap
B1090 71 [008] - Actuator stuck
Freeze Frame:
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 92

9581681 - Positioning Motor for Front Footwell Air Distribution Flap
B1234 71 [008] - Actuator stuck
Freeze Frame:
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 94

This over the air system update popped up today. Anybody else had it?

IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4400.jpeg

Last edited:
Came up on our T6.1 and installed.
I do note there was no change to the software version in 'System Information' page on the head unit post installation.

Back