Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Software updates

I’ve not paid for anything and I get them! Assuming you mean the “media pro”?
Yes correct….so does It happen automatically? I have media pro but only the free connect app

be warned our dealer kept our cali for 2 days due to *trying* to update to the latest software versions.. its quite troublesome apparently

Thanks @zippster Mine is rebooked in (with a loan vehicle) and i’m anticipating they’ll have it for a day or two. It’s a strange issue in that it only affects the non-retention of a couple of things in the on board computer memory (SatNav favourites & Overspeed warnings). If it was hardware related then i’d expect to see other things affected. However, if it’s software then i’d also expect other owners on here to have the same ‘fault’.
Anyway, it doesn’t affect the use of the van, it’s just an irritation. I will get it resolved even if it takes the full 5 years of my warranty :) :)

I am also still getting the screen breakup issue, now finding it does it with both Google and Apple maps. I don't think it is signal related @GrumpyGranddad, because it happened this week in London on full fat 5g. Also it resets immediately if you switch out of Carplay in the main menu and then straight back, but then eventually goes wonky again. Its bloody annoying tbh, not least because Carplay navigation worked absolutely seamlessly for over a year before this started happening, and its still fine for other functions. Mine also repeatedly forgets speed warning settings as well, which is inconvenient but relatively minor.

Back