Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panel not working

Arnie

Arnie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi there I had a solar panel fitted by Roger a year ago and I am currently camping in France. The fridge went off in the night and I noticed that the battery is empty. The control panel appears to suggest it's not being charged by the solar panel (pic attached). Any ideas what to do? I have a cable so have now plugged in so disaster averted but keen to get it working again. Many thanks fellow campers!PXL_20220714_082456054.jpg

Hi there I had a solar panel fitted by Roger a year ago and I am currently camping in France. The fridge went off in the night and I noticed that the battery is empty. The control panel appears to suggest it's not being charged by the solar panel (pic attached). Any ideas what to do? I have a cable so have now plugged in so disaster averted but keen to get it working again. Many thanks fellow campers!View attachment 96190
You have a SE , so 2 Leisure Batteries.
Have you checked the 50/75 amp cube fuse on the rear leisure battery? If that has blown the Solar might have fully charged the rear battery but you'll be running off the front battery which was not getting charged.

Hi there I had a solar panel fitted by Roger a year ago and I am currently camping in France. The fridge went off in the night and I noticed that the battery is empty. The control panel appears to suggest it's not being charged by the solar panel (pic attached). Any ideas what to do? I have a cable so have now plugged in so disaster averted but keen to get it working again. Many thanks fellow campers!View attachment 96190
Is it doing this?

"Battery level shows empty, battery frame blink, fault icon blink"

If so that's "battery over discharged" according to one epever manual.

Is it doing this?

"Battery level shows empty, battery frame blink, fault icon blink"

If so that's "battery over discharged" according to one epever manual.
Depends which side of the cube fuse the solar is wired to.
I don't think solar can charge a fully flat battery and if you are now on EHU it may not be able to reset automatically.
Can you reset the MPPT controller?
Can you measure the voltages of the solar output from panel and the 2 leisure batteries separately?
What happens if you unplug EHU and check after 30 mins if the MPPT controller is showing anything?

Thank you for your replies. I will check all these things when I am home tomorrow

Back