Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Coast arriving soon

AS4

AS4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello..
Living in Ireand and wife and I ordered a new Coast last year. It has just arrived in the country and we'll be taking delivery in early March. Can't wait!!!

Vehicle is white 150HP manual. Few optional extras:
Black awning
Mud flaps
Parking heater
App connect
Reversing camera
Comfort mattress
Privacy glass

Forum here is amazing and look forward to reading and contributing.
Aidan

Enjoy your travels. :welcome

The Coast is availeble in Ierland but not in the rest of the UK?
If i was to swap my2012 SE i also most likley go for a Coast .
Exiting times ahead!

:welcome Aidan - lots of good stuff here! You wont be disappointed.

Welcome Aidan! I ordered the Coast model last January. The delivery takes 23 weeks here in Switzerland. The thing I like about the Coast model is the manual opening of the upper bed. It is faster to open than the Ocean model. Good for you Aidan, you just have to wait for a month. I still have to wait until July.

I thought the coast was only available in LHD but in Ireland they drive on the right ie RHD so why isn't the coast available in the UK?

The Coast is availeble in Ierland but not in the rest of the UK?
If i was to swap my2012 SE i also most likley go for a Coast .
Exiting times ahead!

The Coast is only available in the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland (which is the only part of Ireland which is still part of the UK.) The UK & Rep. of Ireland are separate countries, with different currencies etc....

So.... The Republic of Ireland, only has the Coast & Ocean available and Northern Ireland (part of the UK) only has the Beach & Ocean available. Both UK & Ireland are RHD tho.

Hope this makes sense.....

Hello..
Living in Ireand and wife and I ordered a new Coast last year. It has just arrived in the country and we'll be taking delivery in early March. Can't wait!!!

Vehicle is white 150HP manual. Few optional extras:
Black awning
Mud flaps
Parking heater
App connect
Reversing camera
Comfort mattress
Privacy glass

Forum here is amazing and look forward to reading and contributing.
Aidan

Welcome!! Looking forward to seeing another California on Irish roads.... Coast is a great choice!

I thought the coast was only available in LHD? If you can get a Coast on ROI then what is to stop us importing one to the UK?

I thought the coast was only available in LHD? If you can get a Coast on ROI then what is to stop us importing one to the UK?

Nothing, I looked into it..... Exchange rate (£ to €) isn't the best at the moment.... But might still offer a good saving over the Ocean (if you'd prefer a manual pop-top etc.....)

Thanks for all the comments.. Coast suited for budget available and I'm more than happy with the manual roof.. Ocean has some nice finisihing touches but functionally the coast is the same so will do perfectly for now.

The Coast is only available in the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland (which is the only part of Ireland which is still part of the UK.) The UK & Rep. of Ireland are separate countries, with different currencies etc....

So.... The Republic of Ireland, only has the Coast & Ocean available and Northern Ireland (part of the UK) only has the Beach & Ocean available. Both UK & Ireland are RHD tho.

Hope this makes sense.....

I see .....but it does not make sense....;)
A Coast with options does come close to the price of a Ocean but i see the manual roof as a large benefit .
Is the "Edition"version allready availeble in the UK? They come in Coast also with some option in the packedge.
The white finish on the wardrobes does make the Coast feel a bit less "cosy" and "colder" but on the other hand brighter...i sat in both and they are both great.

@Leffeblonde , i think @Calikev did not read well ....maybe for him 10.58am was sitll early in the morning:D

Last edited:
I see .....but it does not make sense....;)
A Coast with options does come close to the price of a Ocean but i see the manual roof as a large benefit .
Is the "Edition"version allready availeble in the UK? They come in Coast also with some option in the packedge.
The white finish on the wardrobes does make the Coast feel a bit less "cosy" and "colder" but on the other hand brighter...i sat in both and they are both great.

The Ocean is approx €9,000 more expensive than the coast. Add a heater to the coast and you have an entry level vehicle at more than €6,000 less

Part from the Aux-heater you also sure need double glazing and some other stuff that comes standard on the Ocean witch you need to put on the optionlist when getting the Coast.
There are the heated seats , electric folding mirrors , and some other smal but usefull bits you get on a Ocean standard
That is offcoarse each thiere own choise...

We have the Beach, Coast and the Ocean models available here in Switzerland.

White always looks good.......if you keep it that way;)
:welcome btw!