Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soon to be Cali Beach owner

V

very long username

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all,

We (2 adults 2 small kids) ordered a new Cali Beach at the end of June 2022 (week 26) with Breeze Poole.

I have been watching the forums and the market etc for a year or so and was quite content waiting a year for the order to arrive (VW said 9-12m).

Well we just had an update from the dealer telling us that it's gone into status 20 and has an assigned (final) build week of 36 (5th September 2022).

I assume I can expect about 2 weeks to build and then maybe 6 weeks to arrive, so perhaps we might have our Cali the last week of October, which is exciting and about 6-8 months before I expected it!!

Looking forwards to using the forum more to get ideas for all the accessories we'll want.

Hi all,

We (2 adults 2 small kids) ordered a new Cali Beach at the end of June 2022 (week 26) with Breeze Poole.

I have been watching the forums and the market etc for a year or so and was quite content waiting a year for the order to arrive (VW said 9-12m).

Well we just had an update from the dealer telling us that it's gone into status 20 and has an assigned (final) build week of 36 (5th September 2022).

I assume I can expect about 2 weeks to build and then maybe 6 weeks to arrive, so perhaps we might have our Cali the last week of October, which is exciting and about 6-8 months before I expected it!!

Looking forwards to using the forum more to get ideas for all the accessories we'll want.

How old are the children? Ours were 3 yrs 3 mo and 1 yr 11 mo when our van eventually arrived. They are now 7 & 8 and have spent about 20% of their nights sleeping in the van!

Last edited:
Hi all,

VLU, congratulations and ditto. We ordered our Beach Camper end of June via Breeze and last Saturday got their informative video message of Status 20 and confirmed build week 36. Hopefully others who placed orders much earlier than us will start to get similar positive news. Enjoy the 'build up' to collection day and beyond.

How old are the children? Ours were 2 yrs 3 mo and 1 yr 11 mo when our van eventually arrived. They are now 7 & 8 and have spent about 20% of their nights sleeping in the van!

They’re 6 and 4, so hoping we get a fair few years out of it before they’ve had enough of mum and dad!

:welcome
Always good to have another Beach owner here, even if it is one of those new fangled ones with a hob (assuming it's a camper)!

Our kids are 9 & 11, we've had the Beach two years. I'm hoping we another few years left with them enjoying it yet (my daughter has forbidden us ever to sell it), but may have to resort to someone sleeping in the awning in the near future!

Always good to have another Beach owner here, even if it is one of those new fangled ones with a hob (assuming it's a camper)!

Our kids are 9 & 11, we've had the Beach two years. I'm hoping we another few years left with them enjoying it yet (my daughter has forbidden us ever to sell it), but may have to resort to someone sleeping in the awning in the near future!

At the time we bought it we hoped the boys would enjoy it for ten years - that would take us to 2027 and the boys 12 & 13 years old.

We’ve just decanted our two (age 11 and 13 into a tent) - much more space for everyone…. despite the need to bring a tent & sleeping mats

How old are the children? Ours were 3 yrs 3 mo and 1 yr 11 mo when our van eventually arrived. They are now 7 & 8 and have spent about 20% of their nights sleeping in the van!
That’s awesome :thumb

I have a 6, 4 and 2 year old and we have had our beach since January 2020, when we were still a 2 child family. It’s so practical and versatile that I can’t ever imagine not having it. In fact I recently added night heating and a 200w solar panel (fitted by PlanarPete of course) so we can get some proper winter camps in this year.

Anyhow, enjoy your new Cali, when it arrives.