Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Space under rear bed to carry a not in use bike rack

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hola All

I am wanting to carry an Atera Strada DL2 bike rack back to Spain in the back of the, on order (at the moment January delivery) Ocean and do not know if this is possible. I do not want to clamp an empty bike rack to the tow bar to avoid any ferry ramp problems plus to avoid any "Honest - I didn't see it" collisions.

Can some kind person please supply the internal dimensions of the rear area below the bed storage space, width, height and depth for the T6 Ocean. This will help me plan for what else will fit.

Also has anyone tried to fit a "still in it's box" Atera Strada into the back of an Ocean?

Thanks

Hi All

The reason I was choosing the smaller Atera Strada DL2 as opposed to the more popular DL3 was the saving of 2kg weight on the to be lifted bike rack plus as I will only ever need to carry two bikes. However, I may be defeating the whole object of the tow bar bike rack which is to allow the rack, with bikes on, to be rolled back down to allow access to the rear opening door.

I can always use the not required third rail to carry stuff like a packed ready for storage front silver screen, a side or front awning etc (anything that is "outside" and could be wet, and not wanted to be carried inside).

Dimensions for the now "upgraded wish list" and stored DL3 are width 100cm, height 25cm and depth 72cm. Which still leaves me wondering will it fit under the rear bed?

Regards

Hi All

The reason I was choosing the smaller Atera Strada DL2 as opposed to the more popular DL3 was the saving of 2kg weight on the to be lifted bike rack plus as I will only ever need to carry two bikes. However, I may be defeating the whole object of the tow bar bike rack which is to allow the rack, with bikes on, to be rolled back down to allow access to the rear opening door.

I can always use the not required third rail to carry stuff like a packed ready for storage front silver screen, a side or front awning etc (anything that is "outside" and could be wet, and not wanted to be carried inside).

Dimensions for the now "upgraded wish list" and stored DL3 are width 100cm, height 25cm and depth 72cm. Which still leaves me wondering will it fit under the rear bed?

Regards
We are along the same lines. 9 out of 10 going to be just 2 bikes in the rear mounts. Probably going to order mine this weekend just after Cali arrives and then I'll know as I would also like to be able to pop it in the back when required.

Mike

We are along the same lines. 9 out of 10 going to be just 2 bikes in the rear mounts. Probably going to order mine this weekend just after Cali arrives and then I'll know as I would also like to be able to pop it in the back when required.

Mike
We have the DL3 because we can put our two bikes on without having to faff about turning handlebars around or removing saddles etc. (We leave a gap in the centre where the third bike would go which keeps them apart enough to do this) Not sure if that is possible with a DL2 but I guess that you guys will have sussed that?

We have the DL3 because we can put our two bikes on without having to faff about turning handlebars around or removing saddles etc. (We leave a gap in the centre where the third bike would go which keeps them apart enough to do this) Not sure if that is possible with a DL2 but I guess that you guys will have sussed that?
I believe David that John has changed to getting a DL3 and that's also what I'm going to get for the reasons you have given.

Mike

98w x 35h x 100d ( sure this one can be increased as I measured with rear seat fully back)

Back