Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spain.

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My daughter lives and works in Barcelona and is coming back to the uk this weekend as Spain is closing down it seems. Word is they will be closing the borders.

Border between Spain & Portugal is closing, even minor ones & river crossings.

If she lives and works there then i cannot see the
need to get back to the Uk, unless that is the place
she calls home and she just wants to be home.

Well a, that's her choice and b, she works for Dorna and as all the races are currently cancelled she has been given a month off until the situation improves.

I think i just heard on the short - on the hour - radio news that
Spain are advising non nationals to go home because they are
closing their hospitals down. :eek:

I think i just heard on the short - on the hour - radio news that
Spain are advising non nationals to go home because they are
closing their hospitals down. :eek:
I think that might be false news

I think that might be false news
its hotels and campsites they are closing, according to FCO;

Spain declared a State of Emergency (“Estado de Alarma”) on 14 March, which introduces a series of measures including significant restrictions on movement throughout the country in response to the coronavirus outbreak. The Spanish government has now ordered that hotels and short-stay accommodation (such as short-stay campsites or caravan parks) must close by Tuesday 24 March. British travellers who are currently in Spain and who wish to return to the UK are advised to make travel plans to do so as soon as possible. For more information, see Health

She drove overnight up to Calais and got the tunnel this morning. She can't believe the complancy here.
A cousin (who’s a doctor) returned from New Zealand on Tuesday, he was horrified that there no checks on passengers at all on arrival in the UK they were just waved through.

A cousin (who’s a doctor) returned from New Zealand on Tuesday, he was horrified that there no checks on passengers at all on arrival in the UK they were just waved through.
May as well, the horse has already bolted

A cousin (who’s a doctor) returned from New Zealand on Tuesday,
Is that just to add a bit of weight.
Anyway, i think my mate Dave the dosser was on the same flight, he was
horrified too, they didn't want to know, even when he said he could call
up a few friends who had a doctorate.
The shower of sh1tes, they just waved him through, no taxi or feck all.

Last edited:
Obviously its walked down from the Pyrenees during lockdown while there's no traffic around. Smart bear.

Obviously its walked down from the Pyrenees during lockdown while there's no traffic around. Smart bear.
First time out except for groceries in 7 weeks, by bike up to the Tibidabo church at the top of the Collserola hills above Barcelona during the 8-11pm time slot for exercising. Running up and down the 6 flights of stairs 2X2 in my building these last few weeks has not been fun, but was worth it to still have legs for my bike. So far, no bears!

I have a couple of beautiful panoramic shots before sunset, but the forum software doesn't allow those big files.

C5EA983F-40FA-4153-BC60-0144E82CD63E.jpeg495FC182-D386-4ED8-ABAE-3FF8F0C87171.jpeg

First day after lockup.jpeg

Last edited:
First time out except for groceries in 7 weeks, by bike up to the Tibidabo church at the top of the Collserola hills above Barcelona during the 8-11pm time slot for exercising. Running up and down the 6 flights of stairs 2X2 in my building these last few weeks has not been fun, but was worth it to still have legs for my bike. So far, no bears!

I have a couple of beautiful panoramic shots before sunset, but the forum software doesn't allow those big files.

View attachment 58519View attachment 58520

View attachment 58521
Edit: I did manage to shrink one of them.