Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare awning rail for storage use?

Phil Hall

Phil Hall

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anybody know of a way of utilising the unused awning rail for holding a storage tube like the commercial guys use for storing pipes etc.? Only I was thinking more like fishing rods, or possibly rolled up sheets as ground sheet or side panels etc? I can put roof rack on and fix as they are intended but do not want to add anything to roof.
Thanks as always for you valuable feedback.
Phil

I don't think the Rhino tubes will bolt directly to the rail slot on one side only, unless you fabricated some form of adapter and clamp to achieve this.

Fiamma do a bracket for their awning for the Cali rail. It may be possible to adapt that.

No drilling is required it says 'ere!
http://www.leisureoutlet.com/carava...iamma-Volkswagen-F45-Adaptor-Bracket-Kit.html

Or buy a Top Box and rails, if the length is right for the fishing rods. The roof will take 50Kgs so provided you are careful with the total weight, this may be the the most flexible solution.

Alan

Hi Alan and thanks. Spot on when you said Rhino.

Very useful link too.

Really don't want to add roof bars and thereby height as one of the many things I love about my unit is the ability to go into low hanging multi-storey carpark and stop offs that have the low barriers.

Many thanks I will certainly consider the adaption.

Phil